DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It's been a bad week....

Chirp

Reactions
I've done over 30 paid missions with my Mavic Pro and still making some rookie mistakes...

1. While looking at my iPad shortly after take off and hovering at 100' a gust of wind blow my MP into a tall building. The wind kept the MP against the building as it slowly fell to the ground with the blades grinding against the bricks. MP ok. Blades not. I was pretty lucky

2. I was told I missed something on an insurance job done with my MP and I have to go back for a reshoot. It's a four hour round trip and the reshoot is on my birthday. My fault, my nickel.

3. Just yesterday, after spending about 40 minutes photographing a large complex roof I lost the Micro SD card that held all the images.
After the session I was removing the card from the MP to put it in a safe place. Somehow I managed to lose the card, in my car. After an unsuccessful hour of looking for it I had to notify the customer I might have to come back and do it again. Then I had to contact my company and tell them what happened and for them to contact the customer and reschedule.

Last edited:
number 3 is rough, make sure you take full ownership of the mistake (dont explain how you lost it) and give them feedback on the measures you have in place to be sure it never happens again. happens to the best though

Reactions: Chirp
**** that sucks, i dont take the sd card out any more, scared its gonna stop working so i use the usb on the other side and leave the card in permanatly. i guess the good things with digital u can never take to much footage or to many pics haha

Reactions: Chirp
I lost an SD card on one of my first flights with my Inspire1, 3 years ago, while exchanging it for a empty one. It just jumped away like a flee after pressing it in to release it from the card slot. Of course I never found it again. From then on I always put a piece of signal red tape to my SD cards that extends about half an inch. That way, it's easier to find but also easier to grab a hold on while inserting or removing. The tape is clearly visible. From a short distance I can check if a card is inserted.

number 3 is rough, make sure you take full ownership of the mistake (dont explain how you lost it) and give them feedback on the measures you have in place to be sure it never happens again. happens to the best though

Agreed. My first plan, when I go back to the customer next week is to show them what an SD card looks and feel like so they can see how it would be possible to lose one in a car.

I've done over 30 paid missions with my Mavic Pro and still making some rookie mistakes...

1. While looking at my iPad shortly after take off and hovering at 100' a gust of wind blow my MP into a tall building. The wind kept the MP against the building as it slowly fell to the ground with the blades grinding against the bricks. MP ok. Blades not. I was pretty lucky

2. I was told I missed something on an insurance job done with my MP and I have to go back for a reshoot. It's a four hour round trip and the reshoot is on my birthday. My fault, my nickel.

3. Just yesterday, after spending about 40 minutes photographing a large complex roof I lost the Micro SD card that held all the images.
After the session I was removing the card from the MP to put it in a safe place. Somehow I managed to lose the card, in my car. After an unsuccessful hour of looking for it I had to notify the customer I might have to come back and do it again. Then I had to contact my company and tell them what happened and for them to contact the customer and reschedule.
Do you mind if I ask how you find most of your jobs? Is it just all about cold calling realtors and the like until somebody is interested?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98