DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It's here... Finally!!

Montypaks

Reactions
c4bfd8f54ecd905065edfd8669cfe29f.jpg

[emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji7]

Finding it hard to contain my excitement! Thankfully, it's raining outside so I can relax a bit and charge up the batteries and read the manual!

Reactions: fiftiesnut
No trying to fly in the house ;)

**** you caught me... OK I'll put it back on charge!

The RC looks and feels incredibly solid by the way

We all know the Joy of getting that first Mavic:) Congratulations.
Just don't rush things. As msinger stated Do not fly it inside the house and make sure you read the manual and watch a fair amount of Youtube videos on flying it. Make sure to keep it in beginners mode for at least one flight and playing around with the simulator for an hour or two before making that first flight is highly recommended.

Rob

OK all charged up now... Gonna play with the simulators first! Thanks for the advice!

I'm actually a bit scared to switch things on

OK all charged up now... Gonna play with the simulators first! Thanks for the advice!

I'm actually a bit scared to switch things on

Leave off the props while you play around with the settings while indoors.

Rob

I just love that new drone smell........ Congrats, passing along what I was told when I first got mine, fly in a wide open field where you can't hit anything. Practice doing figure eights, it will give you the feel of how the sticks react.

No flying inside the house. Someone can get seriously hurt. Those props spin at 5000-6000 RPM while hovering--they can take out an eyeball or damage tendons on a hand.

Welcome to the club!

Reactions: fiftiesnut
Thanks for all the advice! Software's updating now.

Good call with taking off the props!

Make sure that you are in beginner mode for the first couple of flights! Have fun
Yep... Will do!

Still haven't had my first flight yet. It's a but windy out there so... You know baby steps.

I actually took off but could see the Mavic straight away fighting the wind and the gusts so I panicked and landed straight away.

Not even sure why I'm so nervous... I've flown plenty quads (hubsons... Cheersons... Etc) think the nerves is just from the $1,5k price tag and the fear of a random crash or fly away...

No flying inside the house. Someone can get seriously hurt. Those props spin at 5000-6000 RPM while hovering--they can take out an eyeball or damage tendons on a hand.

Welcome to the club!
If you want to fly in the house, get a Spark with pop guards. I fly mine in the house a lot, especially when it's bad weather and I can't take the Mavic out.

c4bfd8f54ecd905065edfd8669cfe29f.jpg

[emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji7]

Finding it hard to contain my excitement! Thankfully, it's raining outside so I can relax a bit and charge up the batteries and read the manual!

Welcome to the club. It is a pleasure flying these expensive toys. Just make sure to fly conservatively, safely, and always respect non-drone owners' privacy. Have fun!

Don't fly in the home. I crashed my 1st Mavic right out the box 3x in my living rooms, 2x outside lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun