DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It's illegal, but if you could...?

Bad Santa

Reactions
OK, we know it's illegal to fly in National Parks, for instance, but if you could fly and record ANYWHERE, where would you go?

I would want to fly around Yosemite, especially El Capitan. Check out some climbers, fly over the edge like flying off a cliff.
Or all through the Arches in Utah. That would be cool.

Reactions: djwak59
I saw a full-sized Ingenuity test model demo flight at JPL, and think flying Mars would be cool. No rules there except physics. I was pretty sad about Ingenuity biting the dirt. That was an amazing UAV. The controllers had a fun job, including the ones who drive the rovers. They even use VR googles and can walk around a full-sized 3D virtual image of the rovers with a 3D image of the terrain around it that was taken by the rover itself. Cool stuff!

Last edited:
Reactions: FletcherAero
I have dreamed of Filming someone as they climbed El Capitan. Never gonna happen. That or the Grand Canyon.
Playing in my mind, I wonder if it would be legal to throw a camera off El Capitan that had the following attached
1) a large parachute ( to give a slow decent rate )
2) a tracker, to aid finding it, and
3) a pair of motors & props to stabilise yaw ?
It wouldn't be flying as such but I guess the authorities would find some way of making it illegal.

Climbers actually hammer hammocks and little tents into the rocks and sleep on break as they climb!!! Not in a million years would I try it BUT its wild to see the little tents nailed to the Side of El Capitan.
1727872775567.jpeg

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Climbers actually hammer hammocks and little tents into the rocks and sleep on break as they climb!!! Not in a million years would I try it BUT its wild to see the little tents nailed to the Side of El Capitan.
View attachment 178011
I think they do it on other climbs too, I don't think I'd fancy sleeping on an open platform where the drop was lethal lol

Reactions: Cafguy
View attachment 178011
And those climbing, and sleeping in those hammocks, would absolutely love to see some aerial footage of them doing exactly that.

But, alas.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrbriskin11