DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

U.S. Based - What will you do IF....

Good points by Russ about a possible/probable grandfather clause, economic impact of outright banning of DJI drones, and work-arounds like air gapping (possible download of DJI drone firmware updates onto USB drives?). I'm no expert on the technical side of things but what I am sure of is, if there is a will there is a way (to make it work).

Reactions: Prop Wash
I'll point out again that whatever concerns the Intel community has about the sea of consumer DJI drones can very likely be thwarted at the network.

I feel the gubmint has an obligation to exhaust that remedy first, before they execute a mass "taking", with a detailed explanation and example of why it's so vital to do so.

There's another far less draconian way to do this.

Earlier in my career, a project I was involved with for the Army required the code we developed be escrowed with a secure third party, and 2 Army software engineers were a part of the project, reviewing all changes and releases.

Their participation really wasn't intrusive, our company owned the code, and we were free to reuse it in an commercial applications. The practices were to protect National Secuity, not classified military tech.

Congress could require something like this, not just from DJI, but anyone that wants to sell drones to any government agency, at any level.

I have alternative drones, but even if this Bill becomes Law, I will keep flying my Mavic 3 until they pry it from my cold dead hands.
I have emailed my Representative in regards to H.R. 2864 , he responded on something total unrelated to drones, which proves Congresscritters are out of touch or don't care.
I HATE when they do that. I don’t want a canned response or something unrelated. They represent ME and my district, not the entire country.

I will continue my professional photography and writing business. I will not invest in any more drones.

I am trying to put together a video demonstating how easy it is to gather information from cell phones, smart televisions, home electronics, all while protecting from drones flying over at 250 plus feet with no audio.
Going to really show how foolish and insecure we really are.
It has people standing outside of homes pretending to be talking on phones while spying into windows and recording conversations in their yards. Also has secret and confidential meetings show information on a large screen smart TV with Chinese electronics inside.
It is going to raise more than a few eyebrows.

Another story comparing the TikTok situation to DJI. Personally I think it's too late to make a difference, at this point the situation is already baked. The best defense would have been to bolster and shore up the drone defense long ago such that an aggressive attack would not have been possible in the first place. I think it's unlikely the DJI ban will pass but like other similar attacks, they come in waves and will likely fail many times before they ultimately pass once which is all that counts. At this point, I think we need to prepare to take the battle from the legislative arena to the judicial arena.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MemphisDrone