DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It's no doubt been said to death but...

Tanushiheadbash

Reactions
I initially flew my MA with a Sony Xperia Z5 and it was fine, the phone had a big screen and it run djiGo4 perfectly.
I then got new Sony Xperia XZ2 as an upgrade It too runs the app just fine but has a slightly smaller screen so I decided to keep the Z5 for drone use and little else.
Then while travelling to the US I lost it. Doh. So have been using the XZ2 since but to be honest the old eyes aren't what they used to be and I was struggling to see the screen as well as I want. So time to look for a Tablet. I would prefer an Android but it is a total minefield identifying a current Android tablet around 8" that is suitable at reasonable cost. I have trawled this forum and other places for recommendations and much as I am really no Apple fan boy one keeps coming up over and over. The ipad 4 mini. As I had the (replacement) USIM from the lost phone ideally it would be LTE compatible too. This week I managed to get a great condition second hand LTE ipad 4 and having flown with it I honestly could not go back. I can finally actually see clearly the photo I am framing from the MA. If like me you are looking for a tablet to fly your MA from I can honestly say look no further. It almost hurts to say it but the Apple iPad4 mini is the tool for the job.

Reactions: Former Member
I initially flew my MA with a Sony Xperia Z5 and it was fine, the phone had a big screen and it run djiGo4 perfectly.
I then got new Sony Xperia XZ2 as an upgrade It too runs the app just fine but has a slightly smaller screen so I decided to keep the Z5 for drone use and little else.
Then while travelling to the US I lost it. Doh. So have been using the XZ2 since but to be honest the old eyes aren't what they used to be and I was struggling to see the screen as well as I want. So time to look for a Tablet. I would prefer an Android but it is a total minefield identifying a current Android tablet around 8" that is suitable at reasonable cost. I have trawled this forum and other places for recommendations and much as I am really no Apple fan boy one keeps coming up over and over. The ipad 4 mini. As I had the (replacement) USIM from the lost phone ideally it would be LTE compatible too. This week I managed to get a great condition second hand LTE ipad 4 and having flown with it I honestly could not go back. I can finally actually see clearly the photo I am framing from the MA. If like me you are looking for a tablet to fly your MA from I can honestly say look no further. It almost hurts to say it but the Apple iPad4 mini is the tool for the job.
Huawei M5 seems like a good choice in Android land. Avail both as 8" and 10"...
This assumes you want to do more than just flying with it, otherwise cheaper choices will do.

I initially looked at the Huawei think it was the M3 but the non Lite version seems very hard to get here. Samsung too, getting one high enough spec at reasonable cost was hard. I did look at both

I have the Huawei MediaPad 8" tablet, and it's a thing of beauty. Truly the best 8" Android tablet out there.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121