DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It's post Xmas sale time in France... what to do?

AMO

Reactions
Hi there,

OK - I've seen the thread MP vs MPP - and am still unsure which to get --

Right now it's sale time here in France and the MP FMC is 300 euros (360 USD) less than the MPP FMC.

How is the camera? for video -- the same?
Noise = different blades - correct? Or will I really miss the low noise?
Flight time = just deal with it?

How long does a MP last? Meaning -- should I put the difference on money into the goggles now, use the MP for the next year or so, and maybe by that time an even newer and much more improved MPP super duper will be on the market?

I was going to get it in the US during an upcoming trip, but I live here, so I think it's better for the warranty -- however maybe I'll get the accessories and goggles in the US?

OR

I'm just looking -- the Spark seems to have as good video in practice (not on paper) -- some places say the Spark is for "home" use/social media

MY GOAL: adding video to a new photo business -

Thanks to all for your feedback!

Andrée

Last edited:
For starters don't even mention the Spark in the same breath as the Mavic ;). You can my the MP for less which has the same camera as MPP. You can also buy the low noise props for the MP for about $10 USD per pair.

Reactions: AMO
For starters don't even mention the Spark in the same breath as the Mavic ;). You can my the MP for less which has the same camera as MPP. You can also buy the low noise props for the MP for about $10 USD per pair.

Now that made me laugh out loud!! Thanks for the lightness!

Welcome, Andrée! I'm sure others who know a lot more than I do will chime in soon. The MPP only cost me about $100 more than the MP would have, and I'm glad I got it. I've never heard the MP in person, but the Platinum really sounds sweet. Just from watching videos I can tell that the regular Mavic has a more piercing sound that would be more annoying to me personally. Then again, some people prefer the earsplitting noise of a big fat NASCAR junker to the song of a Formula 1 car. Go figure. Edit: Yes, you can put the new props on the old Mavic, but while it will reduce the noise some, it won't be as quiet as the MPP, which also has different electronic speed controllers for the motors.
By the time you get a radio controller, the Spark isn't exactly cheap, so I wouldn't go that route if you're going to use it for business. Of course anything you get will be "the old model" really soon, so if I were you I'd just pick one and jump in. For me the few extra minutes of battery life and lower noise are worth $100, but $360? Probably not. If you're doing serious photography with it, you might want an Inspire soon anyway. And yes, it's my understanding that for warranty purposes it does matter where you buy it. No personal experience, just what I've read. Enjoy!

Last edited:
For me the few extra minutes of battery life and lower noise are worth $100, but $360? Probably not.
Very well stated...if the price diff was only $100 I would say go MPP, but $360 is a HUGE difference.

Reactions: AMO and RolandW
I suspect the current standard version of mavic shares a number of revised features with the Platinum.
With new style props fitted the noise difference is reduced so the only real advantage is a couple of minutes flight under optimum conditions.
If you are big on maximising distance that might be a big deal, in practise many of us rarely fly it much below 50% because we did what we were there for.

This is a DEAL. Go for it IF it is still available. You may have waited too long already. The noise is not that different.

Yes, thru the DJI store in France there is only 100 euros difference, but with the sales on various sites they are "getting rid" of the MP in my opinion, thus the difference of 300 euros (equivalent 360 USD).

This is a DEAL. Go for it IF it is still available. You may have waited too long already. The noise is not that different.
Hello,

OK -- so I guess the noise is not too huge an issue (although I think it will annoy me, but if I don't know the difference, then I don't know the difference?!)

Right now the MP FMC from Amzn is USD equivalent 1543 -- and I saw a MPP FMC used twice on ebay with French purchase and waranty just 2 months old (because there are some AWESOME deals if they are shipped from Hong Kong, but the warranty is then not good for me) for USD equivalent 1777 --- so 234 dollars difference --

it sounds like if it's more than 100 dollars difference, then go for the MP FMC and save the difference for the extra insurance etc etc.

Correct?

Thank you!!

Have a great day -- it's cold here : )

When the drone is in the air, not hovering in front of you, the noise is not an issue, really. You KNOW there will be new drones coming out making these obsolete in just a matter of time. Spend you money wisely, unless money is not an issue, which, in that case, get exactly what you want. The way technology is, when you buy something, there is already a new model with more capability in the planning stage.

When the drone is in the air, not hovering in front of you, the noise is not an issue, really. You KNOW there will be new drones coming out making these obsolete in just a matter of time. Spend you money wisely, unless money is not an issue, which, in that case, get exactly what you want. The way technology is, when you buy something, there is already a new model with more capability in the planning stage.

You're right -- thanks for making the obvious obvious and keep temptation at bay : )

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src1972