DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jackson Hole

jono2323

Reactions
I will be visiting Jackson hole in August. With respect to several resorts and the national parks, drones are not allowed to be used. I am interested in getting some beautiful footage of us hiking and the lake and was wondering if anyone knew of a location where we could do that with our drone. Also if you have any suggestions for beautiful areas to shoot please let me know

Reactions: Hauptmann
I don't have anything specific to relay to you but in all, it's a beautiful place. I have been there many times and would look forward to going back with my Mavic 2.

Welcome to you from Hauptmann, in the sovereign state of Texas!

Lots of neat stuff to shoot all over the US. A lot of the Jackson Hole area, however, is a big NFZ. Before your trip you might try getting used to using Airmap, B4UFly, or Kittyhawk, which show the boundaries of federal NFZs. Of the three, I have only used Airmap.

It is not really illegal to fly within a National Park, but it is illegal to take off, land, or operate a UAV in a National Park. There may or may not be some "islands" of private property within the park from which it's OK to t/o, land or operate your drone provided you have permission of the property owner or lessee. You might try to determine this before your trip. Good luck!

Glad to have you as a member!

Reactions: Drgnfli
When planning a trip to a(n) extremely popular location, start with the sectionals. Breakout the laptop and research local rules and regulation pertaining to UAS. Just for S&G’s, plot a flight plan on AIRMAP for that location. See what shows up. Phone calls may help as well. If they say “no drone”, ask for specific references. It is best to be as knowledgeable prior to your venture than getting there and being disappointed!. i.e., Colorado Springs City Parks and Recreation only addresses commercial use of drones in the parks. They do not address recreational use that I have yet found. Personally, since I have not found any recreational prohibition, F4F!

Colorado Springs City Parks and Recreation only addresses commercial use of drones in the parks. They do not address recreational use that I have yet found. Personally, since I have not found any recreational prohibition, F4F!
When we were in Colorado Springs 3 years ago, signs posted in The Garden of the Gods prohibited drones. See Rules for Garden of the Gods.

I lost my Mavic Air two years ago chasing rafters. The drone is located under the power lines crossing the Snake River just north of Hoback Junction. I think they’re the only power lines crossing the river near there. The Mavic Air is red. It’s probably still there, 1/3 across west to to east. Good luck!

I will be visiting Jackson hole in August. With respect to several resorts and the national parks, drones are not allowed to be used. I am interested in getting some beautiful footage of us hiking and the lake and was wondering if anyone knew of a location where we could do that with our drone. Also if you have any suggestions for beautiful areas to shoot please let me know
This pinned location is the eastern boundary of the National Park. Anywhere east of that point is legal. Some awesome morning views (photography speaking). Beautiful country all around. Be bear smart. It's Grizzly country. Campgrounds all around. If you want to stay inside the park Gros Ventre (pronounce it "grow vaunt) is the closest and really, really beautiful in the fall especially
Dropped pin
Near Gros Ventre Rd, Kelly, WY 83011

This pinned location is the eastern boundary of the National Park. Anywhere east of that point is legal. Some awesome morning views (photography speaking). Beautiful country all around. Be bear smart. It's Grizzly country. Campgrounds all around. If you want to stay inside the park Gros Ventre (pronounce it "grow vaunt) is the closest and really, really beautiful in the fall especially
Dropped pin
Near Gros Ventre Rd, Kelly, WY 83011
Hey

Hello,

New member here. Actually a pretty new pilot as well. I just got a Mavic Air 2S, and my Part 107.

We're heading West for the last week of August, first half in Felt, ID, and the second half in Cody, WY. I can't wait to get out there again and get some amazing photos and video. I'm familiar with airspace do's and don't's, but I still feel a little trepidation about flying out there. A big part of that is just inexperience. Thanks for this post, it gives me some places to look for.

Buddy Valentine, if you could offer some specifics in the Cody area, that would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks again everyone

iD

iD

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom