DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Japanese batteries = Category 1 ops over people

dronedoc107

Reactions
So I aquired some JP 50gram Mavic Mini batteries and they did allow me to add prop guards on my mavic mini while still maintaining sub 250 take off weight.
Next test was the Mini 2 which is approx 10 grams heavier than the MM1 so I ”reduced“ the weight of the prop guards by about 10 grams and BOOM category 1 Mini 2!

Ready for flight over people! What do you guys think?

Attachments

• A7190AE0-1E95-4555-AE12-237F64E68268.jpeg
    A7190AE0-1E95-4555-AE12-237F64E68268.jpeg
    841.4 KB · Views: 51
Congrats! I think it’s very cool. Trimmed prop guards look great.

I have the same project underway (M2 only).

How did you source the JP batts?

And now, what OOP are you planning?

Well done. I think our friend @Vic Moss has also done this project. Great work :)

Reactions: Vic Moss
Congrats! I think it’s very cool. Trimmed prop guards look great.

I have the same project underway (M2 only).

How did you source the JP batts?

And now, what OOP are you planning?
I have a friend who travels regularly and always asks if I want anything Japanese

I always say no thanks but a few weeks ago this came to mind and I explained it to him… he calls me and has a dozen batteries for me! So I may have some to part with once I figure out actual flight times.

As far as OOP goes I want to do some local sports games

Reactions: SethB
I have a friend who travels regularly and always asks if I want anything Japanese

I always say no thanks but a few weeks ago this came to mind and I explained it to him… he calls me and has a dozen batteries for me! So I may have some to part with once I figure out actual flight times.

Nice! You can get some good money for them.

I'm getting about 10 minutes on mine, but I'm also flying at altitude. Most of my flights have taken place at around 8000'MSL here in Colorado.

Reactions: BigAl07

Once you decide, I'd love to take a couple off your hands. I have four, but would like 2 more. That would set me up for what I use it for.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique