DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jello?

FlyFar

Reactions
Does anyone NOT have the intermittent issue of sudden gimbal vibration which I have seen referred to as “jello”? My first Mavic which I owned for several months did not have this issue at all so I assume there is a way to fix this. After I sold my first Mavic on eBay, both platinums I’ve had experience this issue several times per flight. The prior platinum was returned as a lemon for other issues. The current one is great except for this “jello” issue. It lasts about a half second and looks shaky and out of focus, roughly 2-10 times per flight. I hope you can help me determine if I need to live with the issue or if I should send it in for repair. I’m a little past the 2 week mark. Other than these QC issues, I love Mavics and am one flight away from 700 miles. I wonder if they downgraded their gimbals after the first few months of Mavic production. Maybe all platinums have this problem???

Last edited:
Just a thought, but do you have AFC on? The "jello" could be AFC refocusing.

If it's happening in AF mode, then it's something else causing it.

Unfortunately I also have this problem with a brand new Mavi Pro (non-platinum). It gets worse in cold weather, but It gets much much better (maybe even solved) when using a neutral density filter. This is no permanent solution as the lens gets blocked during the gimbal calibration (tried 4 different models)

I sent mine in for this exact issue,
DJI sent me a new MPP.
I only have one 6 minute flight so far because of wind and weather.
No jello on that one flight.

Unfortunately I also have this problem with a brand new Mavi Pro (non-platinum). It gets worse in cold weather, but It gets much much better (maybe even solved) when using a neutral density filter. This is no permanent solution as the lens gets blocked during the gimbal calibration (tried 4 different models)

+1 the extra weight of the filter might stabilise things a bit

U dont need to get a filter ! Send it in To Dji !

Just like That ! is Simpel !
when u have warranty left !

I have send my Mp To Dji ! is a Bach problem many have send it in !

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman