DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jerky video.....

Rockingbilly

Reactions
I've just had another flight with my new Mavic air 2. The photographs are terrific and will be even better, hopefully when I do some editing. I was very disappointed with the videos I took. They were very jerky, and as they were jerky on my first flight, I was extra careful with the slow panning. However, there was no improvements on second flight. My video settings were 4K wide at 60 FPS, is that the problem, or is it me? The actual flight was amazing, so much quicker and easier to manage than my Phantom 3 pro, also lighter and smaller. I would be over the moon with my air 2 if it wasn't for feeling like a jerk with jerk !!! Thanks in anticipation Bill

It's defaulted to 265 with 4K and 60 fps. Your computer can't handle it..there have been lots of comments on this and there is a post today covering the situation.

Thanks, I'll have a read of it and see if it solves my problem. Fingers crossed.
I know I didn't have this problem with my old Phantom 3 Pro, but I wouldn't go back to it. Regards.... Bill

Panning with most settings are not ideal. There's always a little bit of stuttering as the camera reframes from side to side. You have to pan VERY slow and a higher frame rate helps but not always. If you're talking about playback issues however, then highflyer201 has the info you need.

Also check shutter speed. (If its adjustable on ma2) . I find if shutter speed is set to 125 /sec and 60 frames it looks jerky on playback. With runcam 5 and hero7 i find 30 frames/sec works better for video if wanting to play back at normal speed. I only go up to 60 if i am wanting to alter playback speed post production. Not and expert just hobbyist so others might have other ideas.
Also both my computers struggle with 4k playback. 2.7 works ok though.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000