DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jerky Video

Chaosrider

Reactions
When I took the SE out for a spin yesterday morning, the video was very jerky and sticky. It would pause for a second, and then jump forward. Repeatedly.

Has anyone else seen this? What causes it? How do you fix it?

Thx!

On the live feed, or recording on the SD card?
Definitely on the live feed. I haven't checked the SD card yet.

But I've seen this before, and I don't remember ever seeing it on the SD card, just the live feed. I wasn't that far from the house, maybe 500 ft, with solid VLOS.

Assuming the files on the card are fine it indicates a poor connection between the drone and the controller. Some metal in the way? Antenna not pulled out all the way? RF interference? If it is none of that and happens again/often it may be a question for DJI. If the files on the card are stuttering it's most likely a slow card and a swap would be needed with another fast card to check on that.

If it doesn't happen again, probably some transient RF interference, like from some trucker on that road running a 200W linear on his CB.

Assuming the files on the card are fine it indicates a poor connection between the drone and the controller. Some metal in the way? Antenna not pulled out all the way? RF interference? If it is none of that and happens again/often it may be a question for DJI. If the files on the card are stuttering it's most likely a slow card and a swap would be needed with another fast card to check on that.
It's on a route the I routinely fly with both this and my other drones. Unless the trees are starting to use metal for sap, it's hard to see what might be interfering! But I do still need to check the card.

The card is a SanDisk Extreme, 160 mbps, so that's not likely to be the problem. I see this on the Mini-1 too sometimes, but I don't think I've seen it on any of the Mini-2s. I'll keep an eye out for that.

Thx

If it doesn't happen again, probably some transient RF interference, like from some trucker on that road running a 200W linear on his CB.
OK, that's a possibility. You can't tell it from looking off of my back deck, but I do live pretty close to Hwy 50.

I'll start logging when I see this happen. Unless it never happens again, which would be a fully acceptable outcome!

:cool:

You don't say what device you're using but FLY seem to be putting a heavy load on the cpu. Try shutting down other apps running in the background. Believe that will help with the jerky delay on screen.

You don't say what device you're using but FLY seem to be putting a heavy load on the cpu. Try shutting down other apps running in the background. Believe that will help with the jerky delay on screen.
I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S20 Note, with 128 GB. I close all the other open apps before I launch Fly. Probably not the problem! And I use the same phone for the Mini-2s, which don't do this.

Thx.

Reactions: Capt KO
Yes I’ve been having the same issue with my ma2. It even caused me to lose where I was and nearly crash into a cliff. I just about sent it in. I just did a firmware update and today it seems fine but then I didn’t fly very far either. Further testing is needed.

From the standpoint of radio signals, sap, actually the water in it, is like steel. It sucks the energy out of the transmissions as they attempt to,go through it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661