DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jerky video

Ok, I have just checked my mavic and it was recorded as I said in this post so maybe youtube converted it. The issue still stands though all videos I record no mater what settings it's set on have the video jerky as can be clearly seen on the clip I uploaded?
Just simply asking if anyone could help??

Ok, I have just checked my mavic and it was recorded as I said in this post so maybe youtube converted it. The issue still stands though all videos I record no mater what settings it's set on have the video jerky as can be clearly seen on the clip I uploaded?
Just simply asking if anyone could help??
OK, but Youtube should not convert neither resolution, nor framerate on upload. And your video on YT has 720@30 fps, not 1080@24.
In the video some frames miss, some are doubled or even tripled, so framerate conversion is obvies, and movement must be very jerky.
Please, share original file from mavic.

I uploaded the video from dji go4 to my iPhone 6s then I logged on to you tube and then uploaded it to YouTube then uploaded it to mavic pilots.

I uploaded the video from dji go4 to my iPhone 6s then I logged on to you tube and then uploaded it to YouTube then uploaded it to mavic pilots.
So maybe you haven't uploaded file from Mavic's SD card, but only the video cache from iPhone?
Please, share the original file recorded on SD card in Mavic, or play it directly on computer/smart tv to see if it is really jerky.

I would suspect that the video was jerky before it was uploaded to YouTube as most are from the Mavic! I posted a video on hear asking the same question "am I expecting too much?" On 24fps it's too jerky/choppy unless you pan really really slowly! I now use 2.7k at 30fps with an ND filter and the shutter set to manual on 60 and I'm happy again! You'll be happier once you accept the Mavic's limitations

I would suspect that the video was jerky before it was uploaded to YouTube as most are from the Mavic! I posted a video on hear asking the same question "am I expecting too much?" On 24fps it's too jerky/choppy unless you pan really really slowly! I now use 2.7k at 30fps with an ND filter and the shutter set to manual on 60 and I'm happy again! You'll be happier once you accept the Mavic's limitations
Yes, but your video has all the frames, and some jerkiness is concerned with movement/fps/shutter combination.
Here the reason is different - in uploaded video some frames were cut, and some doubled. Such video cannot be OK, regardless filters or shutter used.

Reactions: Barny19
If you're Like me you're probably new to all this but I'm learning fast!! Your Mavic records to an SD card inside the Mavic and also records to the dji go app at a lower quality. The file that you uploaded was from the dji go app so it's at a lower quality. What Elvis101 is asking you to do it take the sd card out of the Mavic and put it in a computer and upload that file. I'm not sure if you can upload it directly to Mavic pilots or wether you need to upload to YouTube first! Dave

Ok Dave thanks for the simple explanation. Some people think everyone one is an expert on here, thought it was to help dumbos like me.
If elvis had said what you just did the first time I would have got it [emoji23][emoji23]

Ok Dave thanks for the simple explanation. Some people think everyone one is an expert on here, thought it was to help dumbos like me.
If elvis had said what you just did the first time I would have got it [emoji23][emoji23]

I have written several timas about "original file from Mavic's SD card" - thought it is clear for you and you know where the card is ;-).
After my question "how do you send to YT" it turns out that it was not original 1080@24 file as you wrote, but 720@30 cache from iPhone. That has explained your problem lies not in the shutter or filter, but non original, scaled file with wrong framerate.
To access your original recording please pull out the micro SD card from Mavic and put it in the computer's card reader. Then you can play it and check if it is OK.

Haha I'm just as bad that's how I knew you were lost

Sorry I am not thick I know where the sd card is and yes I have checked on pc that it is still the same and yes it is!!!
If you have nothing constructive to say except for "thought it was clear for you" which I find a tad offensive then don't comment. People like Dave who try and help the best way they can are more appreciated than a smarmy smart arse like yourself [emoji867]

Let it go and get use to itsome, that's how some communicate, sucks I know but don't let it ruffle your feathers.

Sorry I am not thick I know where the sd card is and yes I have checked on pc that it is still the same and yes it is!!!
If you have nothing constructive to say except for "thought it was clear for you" which I find a tad offensive then don't comment. People like Dave who try and help the best way they can are more appreciated than a smarmy smart arse like yourself [emoji867]

You have misunderstood my intentions. I was the only person here who stated the file you have uploaded is not original @24, despite you have told.
This was really not offensive in any way ;-). Dave only repated my words, maybe in more simple and understandable way.
I spent my time and have analyzed your video frame by frame to find where your problem indeed is - and to help you.
If not this, maybe problem will be still unsolved because no filters or shutter settings will here help to remove jerkiness.
I am very sorry about your reception.

Reactions: Keiz
This bird is so unbelievable, that everybody just wants to get the most of it, and it does get frustrating some times.

On a related note - Jerky Video:

When I monitor the video stream from my Mavic on my tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab A6) the video is jerky. Apparently, this is due to some "lag" in the feed and/or some limitation of my tablet. When the video is played back from the Mavic's SD card to my computer the video is fine.

Is there some way to limit that lag to my tablet, or is it just something I have to accept?

I see two issues - no ND filter, so you're going to see a fine grained flicker no matter what because the individual frames are too sharp.

The second problem is converting your original 24 fps video to 30 fps. This means youtube has to come with an additional 6 frames of data per second, which it does by doubling every fourth frame, which adds another level of jerkiness. You see this a lot when a movie is shown on TV - drives me nuts but no one else seems to notice it, lol.

So - if the flicker bugs you, I have two suggestions. One is to use an ND filter and get your shutter speed to be 1/2N where N is the frame rate. So at 30 frames per second that would be 1/60 sec. The second is to try recording 1080p or 720p at 60 fps. You give up some pixels but the smoothness will be incredible.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15