DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jet landing on runway under maintenance - CRAZY !!!

zeusfl

Mavic Pilot Guru
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
youtube.com
Very dangerous.

Very dangerous.

Who?! what! why! I'm dumfounded. I'd like to see the pilot and know what exactly he was thinking! I think only one word can come near describing his idiotical stupidity. I don't know the word yet though...

its unbelievable.

Before you blame the pilot, you would have to investigate what the hell were ATC doing!
Maybe was an Non-towered airport with an emergency landing. Who knows. The fact is that was sick dangerous. Also he landed with little cross wind.

Could swear I saw a Control Tower as the camera panned round.
Also, Unless it was full blown emergency, there is NO WAY an airliner that size would use a Non-towered airport!

Reactions: jaysmithtechtv
Just watched it again. There definitely is an ATC tower there. Not only that, but it is of the more modern design as opposed to older ones.

They may have just said to consider an extra long threshold and land. Workers seem to half expect it.

Reactions: Davros007
Is the language Spanish/Portuguese or some other South American language? I wonder what airfield it actually was?
I only know from my own experience that it could never happen in the UK!
There are Far Too Many regulations and Safety Measures on UK airfields for this to happen here.

to me there is something fake about the whole video,the way the workmen stroll across the runway, i think it was staged and the plane was not real

Reactions: dozzn and Rchawks
They are talking in Spanish. The Youtube channel is from a News Channel from Paraguay.

Another day in Paradise. Workers weren't the leasebit afraid or scared and were watching as it came in. I couldn't see any hearing protection used and standard earplugs wouldn't protect like ear muffs!! Man I thought my job was tough.? It reminds me of videos I've seen where a passenger jet lands over a crowded beach to get to the runway. Maybe the norms are different in the Southern Hemisphere?

Last edited:
At least he landed on the right side of the drum markers. I once saw a Learjet land on a dirt strip, that was impressive.

Another day in Paradise. Workers weren't the leasebit afraid or scared and were watching as it came in. I couldn't see any hearing protection used and standard earplugs wouldn't protect like ear muffs!! Man I thought my job was tough.? It reminds me of videos I've seen where a passenger jet lands over a crowded beach to get to the runway. Maybe the norms are different in the Southern Hemisphere?
Don’t be cruel the northern hemi has just as many crazies

What the ferk. Plane was real, see aluminum panel fly out of truck bed from jet wash (@ 00:32). The workers knew it was coming, that’s why guy was filming. But ATC? So irresponsible.
You are allowed to land on a runway under maintenance. It would have been NOTAMed and the airstrip marked accordingly. I just thought the guys were a bit slow getting of the runway.

Reactions: Rchawks
I think there are some people who lost their jobs!
Complete disregard for human life, and proper procedures.

Ruud

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman