DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

JetBlue

I’ll say this till I’m blue in the face the TSA nor your airline care about your drone or that you are traveling with one.

Indeed, lithium battery rules are the airlines requirement, airport security simply aren't interested.

I've had to open my drone bag before at airport security, usually just to check props or other suspect looking things going through xray.

I've never had airlines ask about what I'm carrying, or how it's stored.

The batteries in cabin is simply a safety thing so a fire can be dealt with in a rare event.
Very likely laptop, phone, and camera battery fires are MUCH more prevalent, but still rare.

I guess as per one of the docs in the links I added says, the cabin battery requirement is so people can know where their batteries are if cabin crew ever need people to check where any smoke is coming from.

The last link I had has a 'crew experience' section to do with lithium fires.

Reactions: twickers14
You’ve probably got all you need above but even though I am in the U.K. we travel every year JFK to RSW (and return)and I place my partly discharged batteries in Lipo bags and pop them in my carry on-I also remove the battery from my drone and that goes in a Lipo too. Haven’t had a problem for the 4 years I’ve owned a drone-Spark and now MA2. Happy travels and thanks for posting this-it reminds me of what I have to do.

Yes you can, in your carry on.
This is really the only correct answer believe it or not. Some people make too much work for themselves.

No, the Mavic Mini can be taken in cabin or checked.
Any spare batteries not fitted in the drone must be taken in cabin.
They're the rules in plain and simple format.

But in post # 3 the OP went on to ask about discharge state, so it got off the original question.

Reactions: retiredNH
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB