DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Job vs Business

Arushi

Reactions
Hello Everone,
I today world finding a job is difficult but doing that job is more difficult. I have seen that people are so talented they want to run their own business but they don't do it due to the lack of courage or fear of failure. What are your thoughts? It is good for a person to find his/her passion and to make a career in that

Reactions: Former Member
To tell you the truth, it's not as easy as you think it's. 12 years ago I tried to create my own business / career in web development creating websites as I hold a bachelor in web development. It didn't work as I thought. A lot of competition and not enough money to live out of it. In today's world, drones seen to be a great idea for a business if you hold a part 107 certification. But I don't have that certification. You can certainly make some money but I will not hold it as your main job. It can work if you want to make extra money out of another job.

Yes, I totally agree with you if you are doing a thing with the thought of earning lots of money you are guaranteed going to failure. The money will come when the work is done properly and systematically. It is difficult to create run business but if you have will power you can do anything. I give you an example there are so many E-commerce companies when they had started they have lack of funds, staff. But now they are giving competition to biggest online sellers such as Amazon and Flipkart.

Who wants to go to a J.O.B. Find something you can’t wait to go to every day. I’m a welding contractor and yes I love it but remember this I have hundreds of bosses and if you don’t like working 1/2 days or more (12 hours) then owning and running a buss. might not be for you see it’s not about the money but being happy. Good luck on what ever you do.

Thanks a lot. Happiness is more important. If there is some work which you are doing with your whole heart and if you have to work 12 Hours a day it is also a fun. There are fun and sense of satisfaction in doing that work

Here's a few insights that you may find helpful, or even better, evoke your own insights.
Indeed, (i) follow your passion. However, just saying it not only sounds cliche but usually doesn't do much. You'd first have to get to know what makes you tick, brings out the best of you, what wou simply like doing the best, and to give it even further thought, what comes naturally to you. If you find that, the next would be having (ii) clear understanding of the way of life you want to lead. If you have created certain standards for your lifestyle, your passion (whether through entrepreneurship or contract) would obviously have to sustain and enable such lifestyle. Passion and knowing yourself (as the inscription in the Delfi Temple in Greece would say Know Thyself) would be probably be requisite prior to giving it form. Entrepreneurship or business is much about form. Well, the reason i joined this forum would be finding like-minded or larger support group for a entrepreneurial vessel related to the drone industry, but i would say giving my thoughts on topics such as this feel more fulfilling - perhaps that's more aligned what i am really passionate about:) Go take it. Glad to join this forum.

Reactions: Arushi
it's not as easy as you think it's.o_O I work as an engineer currently, make good money, been doing this day in and day out for the last 3 years. The job itself is ok, but Im not content. I've always wanted to start my own business. I also study at the university and now I'm buy dissertation.
It is difficult to combine study and work.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll