DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Joystick Dust Covers

Mavic Raptor

Reactions
I also posted this over in the DJI Mavic 3 Forum, but not sure how many people actually view that one any more as it seems a bit toxic :)

Anyway,
I found the following joystick dust covers and had found them very useful on my old DJI Smart Controller. Since I liked them so much, I decided to also use them on my DJI RC PRo controller. They look like they might also fit the RC-N1 if folks wanted to use the standard Mavic 3 controller.

To me, in addition to the obvious dirt/dust/moisture protection for the joystick control mechanisms, I also find these naturally help center the joysticks and provide a bit more physical resistance when flying and I personally like a little more resistance than the RC Pro sticks provided as I think I can control the Mavic 3 a bit better.

Figured in case any one was interested.

Attachments

• joystick_dust_cover2.jpg
    joystick_dust_cover2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 61
  • joystick_dust_cover1.jpg
    joystick_dust_cover1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 60
Reactions: Debaser_AZ
According to user reviews they are also compatible with RC Pro controller. I also ordered. I'm using CineSticks SC1 from ScottyMakesStuff, but I'm not too happy, I was expecting more precise controls.

Reactions: muabg
I couldn’t help but notice your lanyard attachment. Here’s another choice if so inclined. There are certainly several different varieties available by various suppliers. I couldn’t find any that I liked, so this was my solution.5B1CB009-CFE9-4D74-9716-CFDBE47CDEA2.jpeg

Reactions: Capt KO
Good suggestion, already had to replace sticks that went bad from dirt inside. They also keep out the occasional sprinkle. It’s an outdoor sport, comes with the territory.

Thanks for sharing that, I wonder if it will work with the RC-N1 RC. It is quite cheap so I will get a set and try.
I took both controllers and compared side by side and I do believe these would work on the standard controller. The standard controller does have a bit of a more raised lip around the sticks, but I do think you could still get these to work.

I do notice the RC-N1 control sticks actually are not as 'open' as the RC PRo. The stick holders are already a solid piece whereas the RC Pro is very open and exposed.

Last edited:
I couldn’t help but notice your lanyard attachment. Here’s another choice if so inclined. There are certainly several different varieties available by various suppliers. I couldn’t find any that I liked, so this was my solution.View attachment 146017
Thanks for sharing....these definitely look nice and robust. The challenge I found is most of these lanyard attachments stick up so high that cases that are form cut need modified to make the controller fit....the 'picture hooks' I used can lay quite flat and see to fit well in most cases.

Last edited:
Reactions: Starz
I took both controllers and compared side by side and I do believe these would work on the standard controller. The standard controller does have a bit of a more raised lip around the sticks, but I do think you could still get these to work.

I do notice the RC-N1 control sticks actually are not as 'open' as the RC PRo. The stick holders are already a solid piece whereas the RC Pro is very open and exposed.
Good to know, thanks for that

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dozerdan