DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Joystick sensitivity

Beej75

Reactions
Does enabling Tapfly disengage any changes to joystick sensitivity? I am trying to keep a subject in shot as I fly passed it with Tapfly free it but when I try to yaw to keep the subject in frame the movement is too fast even with sensitivity turned way down? Any ideas? When out of Tapfly it seems to move way slower. I have adjusted the EXP aswell.

What is Tapfly?

Since you're in a general forum, it helps to know the model DJI you have.
Sounds like you have an M1 or M2, maybe an MA1.

I seem to recall that flight sensitivity adjustments are negated when using intelligent flight modes. Yaw shouldn't be that bad though.

Perhaps tapfly isn't the best way to do this. ActiveTrack may be your better bet to keep your POI in frame.

Reactions: rcookie
What is Tapfly?
An intelligent flight mode in some models. Think of it as autopilot where you point on the screen where you want to fly to and it goes there without any stick handling.

The part to remember is that you have to consider horizon. If say you point at a far away tree, it will kamikaze into the tree. If you just want to fly over where the tree is at level altitude, you want to point over the tree at the level shown by the horizon indicator.

Tapfly is probably my favorite intelligent flight mode. I don't use it enough though.