DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Joysticks don't work on Smartcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigcows

Reactions
Guys, I took out the Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller for the maiden voyage. It took off ok using the program take of button. I was set to beginner mode. And low and behold neither joystick worked. Is there a trick to this? I reviewed most of the settings, but perhaps something is switched that should not be. Any help would be appreciated. Also, it said my sim card in the bird was not fast enough for 4k. I am using scan Disk extreme plus 128g. I think it was rated for 3U or something which should have been fine.

Did you pair the controller to the drone ? Don’t see how it would work at all if you didn’t but it’s all I can think of.
U3 should be fine – Minimum write speed is 30MB/s for U3, is it also V30 ? That is the minimum for 8K

Reactions: bigcows
Yes. I did pair it. There was a green bar on the top left. Isn't that the indicator showing that pairing is OK? Also, the auto take off command worked...

Make sure you do a format of the SD Card while it is in the drone. At times a card formatted out of the drone will not have the correct offset and cause issues.

The other thing is that the card you may have is counterfeit. Happens a lot more than most people expect.

There are utilities to benchmark the card and verify read/write speeds.

Ultimately, none of that matters if the bird is saying the card is too slow.

Try formatting the card in the drone through the DJI Go 4 app. If that doesn't work and it still says it is slow after the format, try a different card.

Also, try doing a controller calibration to get the sticks to work.

If they show up as going full range of motion and it calibrates fine, and then the drone still won't respond to stick input, I would contact DJI.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000