DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Juddering only on You tube or iPhone.Not on TV !

Sophorn

Reactions
Hi ,
Bought a DJI mini 2 and my first ever drone.I’m confused by the judder on playback when I have never seen it before on any other medium like go pro footage.Tried 24,25,30 FPS .Considered ND filters to bring down the shutter speed but then noticed something that has confused me completely.
Footage played on my Laptop,iPhone,iPad or You tube judders like crazy buy if I cast the footage from my iPhone etc to my TV via an app like TV assist its as smooth as silk.
If I play the footage on my TV using You tube it it is terrible but casting it to the TV from my phone it has no judder at all.
I want to watch on my iPad and not have to cast to my TV all the time.Whats going wrong?

What type of TV are you using? Does it have motion settings on it to smooth out video?

Reactions: TheDude
What type of TV are you using? Does it have motion settings on it to smooth out video?
Thanks for the reply Uno.
It just a cheap £250/$300 Toshiba with no motion setting.
Strange that the footage judders on the TV screen when played on its You Tube app but not when cast to the TV from any device.Makes me think I am wasting my money trying ND filters to bring the shutter speed down.

Hi ,
Bought a DJI mini 2 and my first ever drone.I’m confused by the judder on playback when I have never seen it before on any other medium like go pro footage.Tried 24,25,30 FPS .Considered ND filters to bring down the shutter speed but then noticed something that has confused me completely.
Footage played on my Laptop,iPhone,iPad or You tube judders like crazy buy if I cast the footage from my iPhone etc to my TV via an app like TV assist its as smooth as silk.
If I play the footage on my TV using You tube it it is terrible but casting it to the TV from my phone it has no judder at all.
I want to watch on my iPad and not have to cast to my TV all the time.Whats going wrong?
My guess is that the phone is probably sending the video as interlaced instead of progressive to save bandwidth and then the TV or the device you are casting to is deinterlacing the video which results in a little bit of blur which looks smoother.

This is exactly the reason for ND filters and why using a slower shutter speed looks better.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J