DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jumpy video

Merlin83b

Reactions
I've tried to search for this issue but haven't found any solutions. When I record video, chunks of it are missing. Here's a quickshot dronie from my MP, video should be 10 seconds long but half of it is missing:

I'm using the SD card that came with the MP and that has previously worked fine - perhaps it's on the way out and needs to be replaced?

Is it directly from the memory card read on PC or through the Go4 app?
If not, then it is the live feed, not the real video.
If yes, then either your memory card need to be deeply formatted or replaced. Try with another memory card.
Last it is you MP that has an issue.

Posted on youtube above is the video exported through the go4 app. The same video (without the comedy music and the DJI MP logo superimposed) straight off the SD card inserted into my computer has the same chunks missing, so what's written to the card is missing bits, it seems.

I've formatted the SD card and the issue has remained. I will try with a new card.

The video that matters for evaluation is the one from the SD card, never the app's cached vid. If, as you say, the SD video is also jumpy, try a different card: Class 10 U3 - nothing less.

You mention that it previously worked fine. Was that at the same resolution as your problem video? Does the same thing happen with lower resolution recording? I have read somewhere that the supplied SD card is not fast enough for recording in 4k.

The only things that changed were firmware versions, always shot in 4k. I think I've tried in 2.7k as well without any improvement, but I'll have to do some tests with lower resolutions and replacement cards.

The only things that changed were firmware versions, always shot in 4k. I think I've tried in 2.7k as well without any improvement, but I'll have to do some tests with lower resolutions and replacement cards.
When was the last time you formatted your sd card? Be sure to ONLY format it in the drone, using GO4, or your preferred flight app - especially when troubleshooting a problem such as this.

I formatted it shortly before trying again, but I had shot some photos before the video. I'll try that again along with the rest of these ideas, thanks :)

The only things that changed were firmware versions, always shot in 4k. I think I've tried in 2.7k as well without any improvement...
If it worked before and now it doesn't and the only change is firmware, then it seems the firmware is the problem. If so then there should be a fix out soon since you are probably not the only one with this problem.

I have read that DJI monitors their forum closely so perhaps a post there will get their attention.

I've tried to search for this issue but haven't found any solutions. When I record video, chunks of it are missing. Here's a quickshot dronie from my MP, video should be 10 seconds long but half of it is missing:

I'm using the SD card that came with the MP and that has previously worked fine - perhaps it's on the way out and needs to be replaced?

I had that problem once. It seemed like I was getting every other frame! I used that Assistant app and set up everything then I made sure that my gimbal was Really calibrated. It seems to be ok now.

Some really good info in this thread that I am going to try to solve a similar issue I am having with my drone. Thanks guys!

Reactions: Qoncussion
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143