DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

just an idea

pjdurham

Reactions
I think putting a powerful but light weigh strobe near the front would be ideal for spotting your drone that you temporarily lost visual off. The control would be on the controller, and if you press it the light would go off for a few seconds.

Reactions: Johno13
I've wondered about putting such a thing that's activated by a photocell under the aux LED so you can turn it on and off.

I think putting a powerful but light weigh strobe near the front would be ideal for spotting your drone that you temporarily lost visual off. The control would be on the controller, and if you press it the light would go off for a few seconds.
It already exists. It's the MA2 LED landing light which can be activated at will from the RC.

yeah...i thought that after, but I also thought of the angle of the drone at the time of lost visual
I use it all the time at night for landing. Either hover the drone, or fly it backwards away from you briefly, to tip it back, while pointing the camera towards you. Only while flying towards you will it be obscured by the forward angle of flight. Works great! Once you find it, turn it off, and continue to land or fly visually.

I saw somewhere they had a device to carry something with the ma2... it worked by turning on the ma2's spotlight.
There was a sensor on the light and when you pressed the button to turn on the light it dropped whatever it was carrying.

That would be awesome. Anyone know where to get it?

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Johno13.

Check this out.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Reactions: pgenneken
After flying today, I will go back to my idea. LED landing light does not have a very wide radius and/or angle. At 200 feet, right above me, easy to see. Move the drone back, and in a short time, the light is not visible. I did not actually measure the angle but if I had to guess I would say at 10+ degrees from my view, the light is not visible.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan