Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just BLOWING money

Bob in Savannah

Masters Patron
Reactions
Site
instagram.com
After reading about the NEW Mavic updates allowing FPV, I went a little nuts last night and purchased a refurbished Goggles v2 from the DJI official ebay store and also the Motion Controller 2 from the DJI online store (they didn't have any controllers on ebay).
I had the original white goggles nearly 5 years ago with the Mavic Pro so this ability has been long time coming for me. I'm super excited about this and hope it all works the way it should..

After reading about the NEW Mavic updates allowing FPV, I went a little nuts last night and purchased a refurbished Goggles v2 from the DJI official ebay store and also the Motion Controller 2 from the DJI online store (they didn't have any controllers on ebay).
I had the original white goggles nearly 5 years ago with the Mavic Pro so this ability has been long time coming for me. I'm super excited about this and hope it all works the way it should..
Hopefully just a typo on your part, the V2 goggles are not supported. You need the Goggles 2 or the Goggles Integra. I know it's being picky but it really does make a difference in it working or not. I wish they used better naming.

Hopefully just a typo on your part, the V2 goggles are not supported. You need the Goggles 2 or the Goggles Integra. I know it's being picky but it really does make a difference in it working or not. I wish they used better naming.
ugh. NOW Im bummed. No, I purchased the Goggles v2 and not the Goggles 2. Fuc*king DJI and their names.
I did purchase from the DJI ebay store and they already shipped it today so Ill have to return it. Im extremely disappointed in myself for pulling the trigger last night before doing my research like I should have. Thank you for clearifying so I dont have a meltdown trying to connect..lol

Oh well, guess Ill have to wait to get the return processed and then Ill start looking for the Goggles 2 on ebay..Guess they'll be a LOT more expensive than the refrb V2 I purchased for $300?
Dammit.

ugh. NOW Im bummed. No, I purchased the Goggles v2 and not the Goggles 2. Fuc*king DJI and their names.
I did purchase from the DJI ebay store and they already shipped it today so Ill have to return it. Im extremely disappointed in myself for pulling the trigger last night before doing my research like I should have. Thank you for clearifying so I dont have a meltdown trying to connect..lol

Oh well, guess Ill have to wait to get the return processed and then Ill start looking for the Goggles 2 on ebay..Guess they'll be aLOT more expensive than the refrb V2 I purchased for $300.?
Gd it.
I would look at the Integra unless there is something specific about the Goggles 2 you need. They are $150 cheaper. The main thing is the field of view compared to the Goggles 2 but I see many people are satisfied with it. I thought about changing from mine since I can't see the data along the edges and everything else comfortably. My face is not the best fit for the goggles like many others.

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
I would look at the Integra unless there is something specific about the Goggles 2 you need. They are $150 cheaper. The main thing is the field of view compared to the Goggles 2 but I see many people are satisfied with it. I thought about changing from mine since I can't see the data along the edges and everything else comfortably. My face is not the best fit for the goggles like many others.
I was just on the DJI site. Nothing on ebay... I should probably also return the Motion controller 2 and then get this item, right?

I was just on the DJI site. Nothing on ebay... I should probably also return the Motion controller 2 and then get this item, right?

The combo would be cheaper than each alone. It might be a little while before there is refurbished or used stock since each of these is only about a month old. Maybe a little more. I bought the controller 2 on launch day but sent it back because they gave me a $90 off coupon that I could only use if I order again. I did that yesterday but only for the MC2. I will think about the goggles later. My Goggles 2 came with my Avata.

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
I'm about to get another set of goggles to use with my Mav3 Pro and I think I'm getting the Goggles 2. I'll order custom prescription lenses for them and prefer a battery that is not built in. It may be that the battery in the head band will last a long time but it's also quite possible that it will diminish before the drone is worthless and thus require being sent back in to DJI who...at that point...knows if it will be possible to have it repaired/replaced. It probably will but with a separate battery I feel more in control. I'd like gps built in for sure. Big trade offs, hence I have not made the order yet. Still unsure.

Just an FYI, I went to NAB and saw the DJI Booth. They have a new version of the FPV 2 goggles coming out that has a built in GPS so you won't need to tether to a phone for Remote ID. Thanks DJI for doing this after I purchased mine.......

Just an FYI, I went to NAB and saw the DJI Booth. They have a new version of the FPV 2 goggles coming out that has a built in GPS so you won't need to tether to a phone for Remote ID. Thanks DJI for doing this after I purchased mine.......
They are out and called Integra and have the built in battery mentioned by akdrone.

I'm about to get another set of goggles to use with my Mav3 Pro and I think I'm getting the Goggles 2. I'll order custom prescription lenses for them and prefer a battery that is not built in. It may be that the battery in the head band will last a long time but it's also quite possible that it will diminish before the drone is worthless and thus require being sent back in to DJI who...at that point...knows if it will be possible to have it repaired/replaced. It probably will but with a separate battery I feel more in control. I'd like gps built in for sure. Big trade offs, hence I have not made the order yet. Still unsure.
It's not awful but not great either connecting my phone to fly. At the moment you can take off then disconnect the phone with a warning but at that point I just leave the phone connected. I follow you on the battery and wonder too but I think it will be many years before its an issue. Assuming no obvious failure, just talking battery depletion. Someone opened them and the cells are two 18650s so if you can solder a little I imagine could replace the cells or someone might come up with a way to just rewire and have an external pack. It's just two wires. The GPS is in the goggles. I dont know the best answer. Personally, I would like to see a Goggles 3 with GPS, external battery, and a fit closer to the V2 without being as big. The Goggles 2 can be a struggle to position just right with my face shape. I'm not alone there.

My wallet and I pride ourselves on being on the lagging edge of technology. That being said I fly an M1P. Are there any goggles that will give me FPV? If so, any idea what they go for?
Drone Mask is the only thing that comes to mind. Maybe there are other options, I just dont know.

I've been putting off getting goggles or an FPV drone. Don't see myself getting a lot of use as I would need to find someone to go out with me every time I want to fly. :/ But still considering it. Almost done paying off the M3P so won't be doing that till then anyway. And I'm going to Germany for a week-long cruise in October so the money is tight. Little disappointed though that I can't bring my drone with me since the cruise ship has them listed as verboten. :(

OK---I confess. Me too. Ordered the Mavic Classic and Intragra goggles and MC2 last night. If DJI had done this 9 months ago, they would have saved me from buying the FPV and Avata, but NNOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I was holding out for the Mavic Pro, but after a lot of research the biggest difference I can find on the 2 are 2 more cameras on the Pro that I would probably never use----for $500 difference. Again, I ordered last night.

Drone Mask is the only thing that comes to mind. Maybe there are other options, I just dont know.

Keep an eye out here and other selling sites for the original white DJI goggles, or slightly better the DI RE goggles edition.
They are obsolete but often come up 2nd hand.

I just had a quick search for such, and found 2 listed here in Australia, both used almost once (many don't like the FPV effects !!).
AU$550 ($US363) and AU$150 ($US99) !!

They are about for sale for sure.

You'll probably be best searching locally your end, using terms like > buy DJI white or RE goggles in usa 2nd hand used <

Good luck, it's a lot of fun and both those versions (white / RE) have full functions with the M1P / MPP.
I have the RE and use them occasionally, mostly to give others the FPV pilot seat.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian