DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just bought a MPP and I have a firmware question

mavicoz

Reactions
I just bought a MPP after being out of the drone scene for almost two years. One thing I do remember is how sketchy certain firmware revisions could be so I was always cautious about updating my FW especially if the current FW on my drone was working just fine. My MPP came with version 01.04.0200 and it's asking me if I want to update to the 01.04.0500 - So I'm asking the seasoned peeps on this forum what should I do? is the 0200 good and should I leave it alone or is the 0500 better and more importantly is it a stable firmware revision?

Any advice is appreciated.

Is there something in the newer version of firmware that you need? Does it fix something wrong with your drone? Does it add another restriction to your flying? All questions that need to be answered.
As I have used Superpatcher on my setup, my drone is on a modded version of 01.04.0300. This does what I need and I won’t allow the drone to update.

Can't answer your question because like I said I just bought the MPP. Anyhow, I flew the drone today with the boxed FW and it flew perfectly. So, I'm a firm believer in if it's not broke then don't fix it.

Reactions: Flycaster
The drone is getting older. Features were added, things get improved, but eventually they'll slow down as the product isn't supported as much. I've taken every update to be sure I have all the best when there "ain't no more."

Reactions: dirkclod
@BossBob just remember that since the new registration rules came in, that it recommends you have the latest firmware installed, could cause issues at some point in the future

Super patcher with newest firmware, does great and let's you mod. the parameters. Increase in speed and no wind warnings makes the bird a little more fun. There is also other benefits.

By the way, Brett has made it very easy to do super patcher

Super patcher with newest firmware, does great and let's you mod. the parameters. Increase in speed and no wind warnings makes the bird a little more fun. There is also other benefits.
What firmware are you running with super patcher?

I ran an older firmware for the longest time but when my phone upgraded to Android 11 I could not connect to the bird. After DJI fix the issues I had to go to the latest version. I hope that helps
I just bought a MPP after being out of the drone scene for almost two years. One thing I do remember is how sketchy certain firmware revisions could be so I was always cautious about updating my FW especially if the current FW on my drone was working just fine. My MPP came with version 01.04.0200 and it's asking me if I want to update to the 01.04.0500 - So I'm asking the seasoned peeps on this forum what should I do? is the 0200 good and should I leave it alone or is the 0500 better and more importantly is it a stable firmware revision?

Any advice is appreciated.

Did I understand the super patcher instructions correct as it only works if I have V01.04.0300 on my MP? Or is the super patcher putting in firmware based on that version? Basically, I have V01.04.0400 on my drone, will super patcher work for me?

Did I understand the super patcher instructions correct as it only works if I have V01.04.0300 on my MP? Or is the super patcher putting in firmware based on that version? Basically, I have V01.04.0400 on my drone, will super patcher work for me?
SP will roll it back to .0300 to do the fix. You can upgrade it back up to .0500 after that.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys