DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just crashed. Gimbal Obstruction Error. Common fix isn't working.

ChristianB

Reactions
Hey guys, i've spent the last hour trying to figure out how to fix my gimbal overload problem, I just crashed it and I'm climbing a mountain tomorrow so i desperately want to take it up with me.

I found this thread, Mavic Gimbal Issue - All You Need To Know

So I found that one of the edges of the gimbal had popped beyond the front limiters, when i realised that, i was hoping it'd be fixed, but it still is giving me the same gimbal motor overloaded error and I'm out of ideas...

I'm in Ukraine right now, but I bought this in Canada and I don't know if I need to send it in. I'm hoping there is something I'm overlooking. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

These are pics I used to confirm that my placement is right. This is how my gimbal is sitting right now too.
upload_2017-10-27_17-13-20.png''

upload_2017-10-27_17-13-38.png

upload_2017-10-27_17-12-5.png

Hey guys, i've spent the last hour trying to figure out how to fix my gimbal overload problem, I just crashed it and I'm climbing a mountain tomorrow so i desperately want to take it up with me.

I found this thread, Mavic Gimbal Issue - All You Need To Know

So I found that one of the edges of the gimbal had popped beyond the front limiters, when i realised that, i was hoping it'd be fixed, but it still is giving me the same gimbal motor overloaded error and I'm out of ideas...

I'm in Ukraine right now, but I bought this in Canada and I don't know if I need to send it in. I'm hoping there is something I'm overlooking. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

These are pics I used to confirm that my placement is right. This is how my gimbal is sitting right now too.
View attachment 23852''

View attachment 23853

View attachment 23851
The placement looks right however I can not tell if the rubber bands under the plate have broken, another thing to try is gently move the gimbal through its range of motion to see if there is debris in the action. I am sorry to hear of your loss and wish you the best of luck. If you need parts or assistance @Thunderdrones is the gentleman to speak with.

Thanks for mentioning me @Bunny Too

OP are you able to tilt the gimbal up and down? If not, it might be a broken ribbon cable, and theres nothing you can do in the next day to fix it unless you have a ribbon cable to replace it with.

Also, are you getting video? As a last resort, and if you insist on flying, you can tape down the gimbal lock so it holds the gimbal still when you are flying. It wont be the smoothest video, but at least it's better than nothing. It might not do any permanent damage to the gimbal for one or two flights, but that's all I would risk.

Reactions: Bunny Too
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zulu