DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just crashed my Mavic Pro what a plonker

GavieboyDji

Reactions
Was chasing a Audi R8 in Sports mode and I ended up about a mile away from myself then low battery kicked in Crap.
Instead of just landing it in the field and walking to pick it up I tried getting it back to myself auto landing started so I was pretty close so I kept upstick to get back to myself it was only 50 feet away but still like 80 feet up when I started to descend when the thing just dropped like a stone straight onto concrete right in front of me absolutely idiot I'm sure the battery said 6 % when it dropped and when I went to retrieve it the battery was like a balloon so it obviously puffed up that much it disconnected it's self that's why it just dropped.

Lesson learned is to just land as soon as you here that low battery warning.

Anyway here's some Pictures of the damages can someone ask thunderdrone is it to message me I'm going to need a new camera I've not checked what else inside is disconnected it was a pretty hard landing just what I can see that is damaged is a few scrape on the nose and on one the motor casing.

I've got money two fix everything I just want my beast of a mavic back. [emoji26] [emoji26] 20180730_212320.jpeg20180730_212337.jpeg20180730_212410.jpeg

sh@t dude thats some bad luck I admire your honestly first off pal .. you didnt start with the usual I have no idea what happenned it just fell out of the sky with 100% battery etc etc

I see your looking for thunder drones so im thinking no dji refresh ? hopefully you get up in the air again soon..

looks horrific a smashed up mavic !!!

sh@t dude thats some bad luck I admire your honestly first off pal .. you didnt start with the usual I have no idea what happenned it just fell out of the sky with 100% battery etc etc

I see your looking for thunder drones so im thinking no dji refresh ? hopefully you get up in the air again soon..

looks horrific a smashed up mavic !!!
Thanks man I was hammering in sports mode chasing my mate in his R8 the only problem is I didn't stop the recording when it dropped and I've just tried the video on the s.d and it's corrupt [emoji849] I've got the hd footage on the phone which I'll upload has anyone used that drone doctors in Brighton?

If the mavic will power up .. With a different battery. . It should be able to play the footage back .. mine was after a heavy crash when I couldn't get any joy with "repairing" the damaged mp4 file

Thanks man I was hammering in sports mode chasing my mate in his R8 the only problem is I didn't stop the recording when it dropped and I've just tried the video on the s.d and it's corrupt

If you have a good (uncorrupted) video file on the SD card along with the corrupt one there's a chance to recover the corrupt one. Let me know if you want to try it.

I crashed mine a few days ago after I just got it back from DJI. The camera/gimbal is broken off but it could still fly but I missed the 48 hour window cuz the bank was closed so no care refresh. I figured I want it fixed and done right by the actual company it’s self. Just sent it off to them today so now just need to wait and see wat DJI has to say and how much it’s cost. Hopefully it’s not going to cost an arm and legand DEFINITELY LESSON LEARNED GET THE DJI CARE REFRESH ITS WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: GavieboyDji
If the mavic will power up .. With a different battery. . It should be able to play the footage back .. mine was after a heavy crash when I couldn't get any joy with "repairing" the damaged mp4 file
Yeah I've got the footage on my phone thanks.

Reactions: Joanne
I crashed mine a few days ago after I just got it back from DJI. The camera/gimbal is broken off but it could still fly but I missed the 48 hour window cuz the bank was closed so no care refresh. I figured I want it fixed and done right by the actual company it’s self. Just sent it off to them today so now just need to wait and see wat DJI has to say and how much it’s cost. Hopefully it’s not going to cost an arm and legand DEFINITELY LESSON LEARNED GET THE DJI CARE REFRESH ITS WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I did the exact same thing with refresh I'm definitely getting it today and the lessons I've learned from this crash is to just land it as soon as that battery alarm comes on
Its been sent to drone doctor company down Brighton just waiting to send it today.

Thanks man I was hammering in sports mode chasing my mate in his R8 the only problem is I didn't stop the recording when it dropped and I've just tried the video on the s.d and it's corrupt [emoji849] I've got the hd footage on the phone which I'll upload has anyone used that drone doctors in Brighton?
Yes I used Drone Dr.s in Brighton they were very good very efficient and the repair looks good and have flown several times with no problems since my crash. - (Hit overhead wires - hit the road from about 20 feet).

Was chasing a Audi R8 in Sports mode and I ended up about a mile away from myself then low battery kicked in Crap.
Instead of just landing it in the field and walking to pick it up I tried getting it back to myself auto landing started so I was pretty close so I kept upstick to get back to myself it was only 50 feet away but still like 80 feet up when I started to descend when the thing just dropped like a stone straight onto concrete right in front of me absolutely idiot I'm sure the battery said 6 % when it dropped and when I went to retrieve it the battery was like a balloon so it obviously puffed up that much it disconnected it's self that's why it just dropped.

Lesson learned is to just land as soon as you here that low battery warning.

Anyway here's some Pictures of the damages can someone ask thunderdrone is it to message me I'm going to need a new camera I've not checked what else inside is disconnected it was a pretty hard landing just what I can see that is damaged is a few scrape on the nose and on one the motor casing.

I've got money two fix everything I just want my beast of a mavic back. [emoji26] [emoji26] View attachment 42917View attachment 42918View attachment 42919
I had a similar event, and elected to land it on a strip of land across the lake. I was lucky to be able to find it. When I played back the video, there were over two minutes of it hovering because the landing protection was on, and the grassy area was self deemed unsuitable. I was way less than two minutes of flying time back to me, but it had begun it's descend, so I elected to play it safe. I could easily have made it back if it hadn't begun to land itself. It was like fighting a fish to make it to the strip of land across the lake. So, I guess you just never know. Play it safe and discover there was time available. Don't play it safe, and you can crash.

Reactions: Drgnfli
Yes I used Drone Dr.s in Brighton they were very good very efficient and the repair looks good and have flown several times with no problems since my crash. - (Hit overhead wires - hit the road from about 20 feet).
Thanks sent it off to them this morning. Can I ask what was broken on yours mine dropped straight down from about say 100 feet into concrete. Was the price good from drone doctors. I could of just sent it to dji but I've heard too many bad customer services that's why I went with drones doctors up to now getting it too them has been a breeze with DPD.

I had a similar event, and elected to land it on a strip of land across the lake. I was lucky to be able to find it. When I played back the video, there were over two minutes of it hovering because the landing protection was on, and the grassy area was self deemed unsuitable. I was way less than two minutes of flying time back to me, but it had begun it's descend, so I elected to play it safe. I could easily have made it back if it hadn't begun to land itself. It was like fighting a fish to make it to the strip of land across the lake. So, I guess you just never know. Play it safe and discover there was time available. Don't play it safe, and you can crash.
Exactly right what you did. I will no for next time now though

I was just shocked that at 6% mine just dropped like a stone I've seen people flying there's too 0% all over YouTube. How they get away with it I don't know .

I was 60 feet and had 5% battery when it dropped looks like a bad battery. Screenshot_20180731-132158.jpeg

On the subject of flying with low battery power, all the advise I’ve read suggests that not only is not a good idea due to what you experienced, but also running the LiPo down that low can cause catastrophic damage to the cells

Reactions: GavieboyDji
Where you from pal. I know a guy in Manchester who will repair your sore mavic.

" I'm sure the battery said 6 % when it dropped and when I went to retrieve it the battery was like a balloon so it obviously puffed up that much it disconnected it's self that's why it just dropped. "

Was it hot out?

And two thumbs up - these normally start out "my drone fell out of the sky for no reason!"

Last edited:
Reactions: Lbesing
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54