DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just curious, do you think your preference for joystick mode depends on which hand you favour or just on the setting used whilst you were learning?

As with the title

• The hand your favour.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The setting whilst you were learning/

Votes: 9 100.0%

• Total voters

Yorkshire_Pud

Reactions
I have just seen a comment in a thread in the DJI forum that made me wonder.
Personally I think it is the setting whilst you were learning etc..

Last edited:
@Yorkshire_Pud , for me its not so much the hand i favour ,but more to do with what i have gotten used to, with other forms of RC control that i have used before

I use the Mode 3, which is basically the same way you control characters in first person video games, so that really flattens the learning curve for anyone used to play with a controller.

On the left stick I thumb to be able to use the wheel with the index and on the right I pitch.

1701959754611.png

I am 100 percent what was offered. My first drone right now is mode 2 mentioned above. The controller can be had in other modes but I needed to read and study the instructions.
I have no video games to warp me.

Learned from the default that was delivered in the box. I have never played video games so didn't have any previous controller skills to leverage/unlearn.

I use the Mode 3, which is basically the same way you control characters in first person video games, so that really flattens the learning curve for anyone used to play with a controller.

On the left stick I thumb to be able to use the wheel with the index and on the right I pitch.

View attachment 170848
Interesting, I had never thought of it that way. We're roughly the same age (I'm 38) and the video games thing is definitely a factor. May be too late for me to change my habits though now... haha. I'll play around with mode 3 next time im out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique