DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just downloaded Litchi but now have a question

lilewis

Reactions
I just purchased and downloaded Litchi to my iPad (which is dedicated to my M2P).
My intent is to program waypoints on my Win 10 Desktop and fly them using the iPad.

So now I'm on my PC. I just registered on the Litchi site and am looking for the Windows version of Litchi but I'm a bit confused.
Do I download the app onto my Win10 desktop from the Google Store, and program the flight on that, or do I have to Download from the Apple store which won't work on the Win pc, then it won't be compatible?

Next, if I download from the google store and set waypoints with that desktop app, how does the data translate to the Apple language?

I would much prefer setting up the waypoints on my Win PC and then transfer them to the iPad but don't want to risk messing up the desktop or iPad with the wrong versions.

So, can someone here advise how to work with these 2 different platforms?

Reactions: steve_lyt
The chrome browser works best for me. Just log in, create your mission, save it. Then when you open your litchi app on the iPad, go to waypoints and open the folder on the left, load your mission from there. iPad needs internet access to update the app with new missions but once there, no further net access is needed to go fly. Happy flying !

Thanks Nortwood, That's also helpful. I'm starting from scratch with Litchi so I have a lot to learn. Will start looking at instruction videos next .

You probably know this but can create waypoint missions in the field on your iPhone/iPad too. Doesn't have to be made from a desktop/laptop first.
Thanks for your reply. At this point in my learning, I prefer to create them in advance on my pc with it's 24" monitor until I get comfortable with the format. I can't even send a simple text on my phone or tablet without have to go back to correct simple typos. Once I get more comfortable with the app, I 'may' then feel comfortable enough to use the smaller screens.

Thanks for your reply. At this point in my learning, I prefer to create them in advance on my pc with it's 24" monitor until I get comfortable with the format. I can't even send a simple text on my phone or tablet without have to go back to correct simple typos. Once I get more comfortable with the app, I 'may' then feel comfortable enough to use the smaller screens.

This is basically how I do all my planning, but you can and edit the mission once in the app on the phone, just hit the red padlock and you can then edit. The most i do there is drag a waypoint a little this way or that depending on my needs. Remeber to lock when you are done.

Remember to lock when you are done.

I can only hope I remember to do that lol

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro