DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just Fell Out Of The Sky!

RE Photo

Reactions
Hey!

Had a Mavik 2 Pro fall out of the sky the other day.... for no apparent reason. I have a feeling I know why but I dont want to prejudice this. I posted this to some forums on the Facebook, and someone suggested I post my log here!

So log is attached (I think!)

If you can look at it and let me know what you think I would REALLY appreciate it!

Dave

PS, just to be straight with ya'll, yes, I am FAA licensed.... :)

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2022-01-13_[11-20-01].txt
    1.2 MB · Views: 31
WELCOME to the forum :)

Glad you made it here :) This group is amazing at digging in and helping to find supporting facts as to what happened.

Good luck :)

Allen

Thanks!

Additional info!

When I got to the drone it was still powered up so NOT battery disconnect.

Also, as I was flying, just before it fell, I noticed the drone sounded different. Different enough that even my wife commented... and she isnt even a pilot! I had literally just decided to go over the drone throughly as soon as I finished the flight.

Reactions: BigAl07
welcome to the forum wish it could have been under better circumstances

Reactions: Chetk7677
...Had a Mavik 2 Pro fall out of the sky the other day.... for no apparent reason...
According to the telemetry your M2P was nearly commanded to full aileron stick to the left (right stick left) ... which made your craft roll left (negative) ... one second later at about 107,9sec into the flight the craft quickly snaps roll back into a positive direction, pitches nose down & rotate CCW.

All this suggest a loss of thrust on the front right corner, either due to a prop or motor failure.

Have placed the chart marker where it happens (values in the legend below the chart from that point)

Red=Height above recorded HP
Green=Pitch angle
Blue=Roll angle
Purple=Yaw angle (initial rotation looks to be CCW which relates to a loss of a CW torquing side... which front right is)
Black dashed=Aileron input (right stick, negative value is stick to the left)

1642801487701.png

In order to say for certain & see if it was the motor or the prop you need to share the mobile device .DAT log from the flight ... the correct one for this flight ends with FLY064.DAT

Reactions: db4476 and BigAl07
Thanks EVREYONE for the warm welcome and thanks BIgAl for the invite.

The prop is EXACTLY what I was thinking it was!

I have attached the DAT file!

Attachments

• 2022-01-13 11_36_52-163DFA50019218.dat
    72 bytes · Views: 3
...I have attached the DAT file!
That's not the correct one ... it should end with FLY064.DAT & is located in the mobile device you flew with in the same place where you found the .TXT log but in a subfolder there, MCDatFlightRecords

OK, I found that directory. Looked in there. The LAST DAT file I find is: 2021-12-28_14-28-56_FLY050.DAT

WHich is obviously 12/28/2021. This event took place on 1/13/2022 (along with 4 other flights). Nothing of that date is in there....

Then I guess its gone. ANy way to recover it from online?

BTW, I ahve been VERY RUDE! Thank you so much slup for helping me! :)

Reactions: slup
Oh well. I am quite convinced it was the prop anyway, and your data on that just confirms it!

Good news, it is still running.... so I got off lucky!

Thanks again for your help Slup!

Good work.

Safe Flights,
Allen

Reactions: Lob's Falcon
You can email DJI and ask them for the DAT, or perhaps ask over on the DJI forum. Whether or not they respond is a different matter.

I have the recollection the following is only applicable to the Mavic Mini but it might be worth a look just in case I am up a Gum Tree.
post 12 and onwards of LOGs inside the SD card - I WANT TO KNOW

What makes you think it was the prop? Or are you using "prop" as a collective noun for the prop and motor?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada