DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just fitted 4 hawks SR range extender

Craig Notts

Reactions
Hi all,
Last night after work had my first flight in ages due to bad weather recently.Only had 10 mins as was getting dark but better than nothing it was great fun.When I got back indoors I fitted my new 4hawks SR range extender, can't wait to try it out, but guess what it's windy again!! ?

Reactions: Myha
any photos of the set up

Tested the 4hawks out tonight bit windy but didn't want to wait. I flew over a very heavily congested WiFi area over my estate just to test it's worst case scenario and I normally only get 200 metres before losing the signal. With the upgrade I flew exactly the same direction and got to 1200 metres. I am very happy with that as I say because flying here really saps my signal ,6x the distance. I have also gone on to the stronger FCC mode which is much better. I know other people will say they have flown much further in quieter WiFi areas .My next tests will be to see what the range is like in much more rural settings. Cheers everyone. IMG_20200226_194306.jpgIMG_20200226_194319.jpgIMG_20200226_194346.jpgIMG_20200226_194426.jpg

Reactions: Mr Shamrok
Tested the 4hawks out tonight bit windy but didn't want to wait. I flew over a very heavily congested WiFi area over my estate just to test it's worst case scenario and I normally only get 200 metres before losing the signal. With the upgrade I flew exactly the same direction and got to 1200 metres. I am very happy with that as I say because flying here really saps my signal ,6x the distance. I have also gone on to the stronger FCC mode which is much better. I know other people will say they have flown much further in quieter WiFi areas .My next tests will be to see what the range is like in much more rural settings. Cheers everyone. View attachment 95195View attachment 95196View attachment 95197View attachment 95198
1200 mtrs that’s impressive. At what range do you lose sight of a Mini 300, 400 mtrs. No LOS rules where you are? Also over a congested area, good luck.

Does that provide better video feed?

I get a lot of interference here too and the 4Hawks solution is tempting. The thought of explaining additional gear to my wife is another story.

Reactions: SemperFi
It was easy enough to fit as I wached an instruction video lots of times first before attempting and then did it stage by stage taking my time . Took me about 2 - 3 hours taking it slow but better safe than sorry.
The xr is supposed to be even better but eventually decided on the SR as it is far more compact

does it void warranty since you have to take the controller apart?

Yes , it sure does void the warranty and the DJI Refresh is wasted

Last edited:
I tried the simple reflector solution and did not find any improvement in signal, if anything a little bit worse.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne