DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just got goggles need a little help

laura schlenker

Reactions
Hi guys my goggles just arrived, I've read several threads about possibly needing ready glasses... The letters are perfectly clear, but the actual vidieo is really blurry/ fuzzy . Is this an eye issue or setting issue?

Sounds like an eye issue. Are you near or far sighted?
As far as I know neither,I don't wear glasses and seem to see very well... it's so odd it really seems like it's the video feed itself! Like it's block and super out of focus... I could be totally wrong and it may be my eyes but I sure would be saprised... to those of you that needed glasses was the video really blurry but the writing on the screen super clear?

Blockiness, that sounds like a video feed issue. Did you check the video feed on your phone/tablet? Were you flying in an area with interference?

Have you adjusted the IPD at all?

I haven't tried my Goggles with the Mavic yet, but with my P4 they work much better than what you are describing.

Yes it looked great on my tablet, is the IPD the wheel on the buttom.. I may not have had that perfect but I did mess with it and it didn't seem to help.

As a control, maybe verify the video doesn't look like garbage if you watch it from the SD card with the Goggles. I suspect it will look fine, but ya never know.

Ok thank you ... ps it's dark now but I tried some reading glasses on and set my mavic in the living room and turned on the camera and things did look a bit better... it was kinda dark in the room so I will try it again in the daylight with the readers on... Mabey I'm blind as a bat and don't know it.

I think you make sure you are backed out of all menus in the goggles and then press C1, a crosshair should appear that follows your head movement, then I think you press the 5D button in and it will focus at your crosshairs. Forgive me if I have the buttons wrong, I'm new at teh googles!

Also you can move the 5D button left or right when in that mode to zoom in and out. Be careful not to stay zoomed in when flying or you might crash and I don't want the guilt!

Yep, you most likely forgot to focus the camera. Plus indoor low light = trash picture anyway.

Ok tried again this morning, I tried +2 glasses that we're lying around. It's still darn blurry. Nothing is sharp and crisp. I made sure the camera was focused. My tablet looked perfect. I think it's in smooth mode, does the mode matter?

I'm up to a plus 3 and it's still not super clear but it's better I switched it out of smooth mode and that seemed to help a little

On the goggles go to the setings menu and watch the 4 sample video's that are stored on the goggles. If they are clear then the problem is with the video feed if they fuzzy then I would think it may be your eyes. You could check another goggle if you know anyone else near you that has them. Where do you live?

On the goggles go to the setings menu and watch the 4 sample video's that are stored on the goggles. If they are clear then the problem is with the video feed if they fuzzy then I would think it may be your eyes. You could check another goggle if you know anyone else near you that has them. Where do you live?
That's a great idea about watching the stored vids, now I just have to find them lol. I'm in North Dakota o don't know anyone else with goggles..ps. since I don't wear glasses I'm saprised even plus 3 isn't clear. Am I expecting to much, os it sapose to be as clear as my tablet?

View attachment 22400 View attachment 22401 View attachment 22400 View attachment 22401 View attachment 22400 View attachment 22401
On the right side when looking thru your goggles click on number 12 then go to the watch video and pick the far right item Demo Videos.
Thanks a bunch I found it!! Yeah it was pretty blurry, I can only find plus 3 glasses in town, and I think I need higher ones because it's still blurry, have any of you had to use plus 3 or about and don't even wear glasses.
Pss lol could have accidentally choosing 16.9 aspect ratio caused this blurry issue?

Last edited:
I have to wear +4 to see clearly and could probably go to 4.5.
Wow , do you wear glasses? I acually wrote this in the other thread but I think I'm going to need plus 4 as well..... ps.. I wonder if this is hurting our eyes to wear that strength of glasses to see the screen?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bant18