DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just got it, and disappointed with just a few things...

Wizaerd

Reactions
I've had a DJI P4 Pro for years, and I flew it with an iPad AIR 2 tablet. I didn't fly it often because I just didn't care for it. It was large, cumbersome, and the controller with an iPad tablet on it was also clumsy, top-heavy, and I could never see anything because of the glare.

I saw ads for the new Mavic 2 Pro Zoom, liked the smaller controller, the smaller size of the drone overall, so I ordered one. It got here yesterday, and I'm impressed with how sleek and compact it really is. But of course, nothing is perfect...

The controller cord was default for an Apple device, so I had to replace it with the USB-C for my Galaxy S8 phone. Once you pop that out, and put in a new one, it's never as tight as it would've been normally. So now it constantly pops out of the frame within the controller, especially when taking my phone out of it.

And the only other complaint I have is the side grips on the controller, that hold the phone... well they actually cover parts of the screen on the Galaxy S8. It's practically impossible to hit any of the UI buttons along the left or right because of the grips holding the phone in place. I'm considering getting a MavMount for that reason. I really wish DJI would work on their Android apps though, had a hell of a time with firmware updates. Never could get them to work, so had to use the DJI Assistant 2 application.

Overall, other than these few things, I really like the aircraft, and the controller. It's worlds beyond the old large and clumsy P4 Pro. I think I may actually fly this one far, far more often than I did the P4. Gave it to my brother-in-law, let him deal with it... heh heh heh

I do exactly what 4wd does. I use a USB cord plugged into the bottom of the controller and the arms only grip the top of the phone. It works well but I'm also considering the MavMount with a phone holder.

Remember to unplug the side cable from the RC. I don't know if things have changed for the M2 but it would cause problems for the original Mavic if both cables were plugged in.

The original Mavic Pro on the back of the box says “Made for IPhone” What does it say on back of the box?

The original Mavic Pro on the back of the box says “Made for IPhone” What does it say on back of the box?

I'll take a look when I get home, but seeing as they include replacement controller cables for Micro-USB and the USB-C connectors, I would imagine it wasn't specific to iPhone and iPhone only.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranger 7