DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just got MA, very disappointed in range and noise.

Good point! A great way to look at it and I agree. i am just not sure how to deal with the spying issue other than showing them or the police there is no recording. I am sure they'll say you're still looking at us. I am just flying around looking at the mountains. I wouldn't want anyone spying on me so I don't do it to anyone else.

Last edited:
Good point! A great way to look at it and I agree. i am just not sure how to deal with the spying issue other than showing them or the police there is no recording. I am sure they'll say you're still looking at us. I am just flying around looking at the mountains. I wouldn't want anyone spying on me so I don't do it to anyone else.
Just use the same response I always use: "If I were to spy on you I'd buy a 300X optical zoom lens rather than an airborne grassmower"
Works every time.
After all, it ain't much spying if everyone knows you're out there. ;)

Reactions: Springerdog1
What's the difference between a lawn mower or a Harley speeding down the street? .... The drone is much more quiet and less dangerous. It doesn't spit out rocks and plumes of dog **** dust into the neighbours property.

You can always consult the neighbour and hand him an offical letter saying that you are no Peeping Tom and will share the video feeds free of charge.

What's the difference between a lawn mower or a Harley speeding down the street? .... The drone is much more quiet and less dangerous. It doesn't spit out rocks and plumes of dog **** dust into the neighbours property.

You can always consult the neighbour and hand him an offical letter saying that you are no Peeping Tom and will share the video feeds free of charge.
Like a lot of things, it is nothing more than an irrational fear of the unknown. Because you are completely right. The MA, as loud as it may be for a drone, is as harmless as it can get. But simply because people don't know what it exactly is, and often associate drones with scary stories from the news, they tend to be less accepting of it compared to someone mowing his lawn all day.

Educating your neighbors works quite well. I flew the MA on a campsite last summer where I was approached by multiple curious people. They all came wondering what I was doing, and they left in awe by the tech demonstrated to them. Once people understand it's simply a camera with wings and not some scary military tech spying machine that can see through walls and fire rockets, they'll be a lot more comfortable around them.

I really don't get what all the arguments are about now. First of all, It remains a fact that you are disappointed with your MA and there is nothing anyone can do about that. But I want to point it out to you that most of this informations are out there for you before going for one. In my case I did a lot of research before deciding on the MA. I knew about the range Issue and the noise. The major reason I picked it over the MP is the gimbal and the obstacle avoidance(not even the price). I realized safely is more important to me than range and sound because of what am using it for and the environment am using it and I am happy for it. So stop the drama and return it if you think it doesn't work for you..

Reactions: zwt100 and Frallan