DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

just got my mavic pro, so what now?

ppf

Reactions
Hello, new pilot here

I just got (3 days ago) my mavic pro, it has the 01.03.1000 firmware, I bought it In Miami FL

The remote keeps telling me to upgrade the firmware, but as in any electronic device, specially Chinese, I've learned that It's always a good policy to hold on the updates.

So, any advice?

I've read here and there that the firmware is downgreadable from the DJI assistant 2 directly without any problem, is it true? can I downgrade without having to root/hack/crack or whatever?

Should I go to a specific firmware?

I keep looking at post that point to a program called DUMLdore in order to downgrade.

I have also seen something about unlocking the drone whit a custom NLD (what is an NLD?)

So if anyone can shed a light or point me to the right treads or post, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance guys!

PPF

Hello, and welcome! Personally I would leave those other programs alone, they will eventually get you in trouble for flying in the wrong place at the wrong time.

After thoroughly reading the manual, go ahead and do your ipgrades to the latest firmware as well, we’ve all been there and scratched our heads over it but yes there’s a reason for the updates including putting in Geozones.

Have you registered your drone yet? That’s the first thing I would do after reading the manual, and then put your registration number on the outside of it along with your phone number in case it gets lost, you may have a chance of getting it back that way.

Go to AirMap online to see if you are OK flying where you are, you may find that you have some restrictions in your area and might have to fly somewhere else.

Definitely come back here if you have any questions, sorry my answers were quick but hopefully they help you out before you start out wrong.

Have fun and fly safe!

Last edited:
Reactions: Gindra and dirkclod
Hello, and welcome! Personally I would leave those other programs alone, they will eventually get you in trouble for flying in the wrong place at the wrong time.

After thoroughly reading the manual, go ahead and do your ipgrades to the latest firmware as well, we’ve all been there and scratched her heads over it but yes there’s a reason for the updates including putting in Geozones.

Have you registered your drone yet? That’s the first thing I would do after reading the manual, and then put your registration number on the outside of it along with your phone number in case it gets lost, you may have a chance of getting it back that way.

Go to AirMap online to see if you are OK flying where you are, you may find that you have some restrictions in your area and might have to fly somewhere else.

Definitely come back here if you have any questions, sorry my answers were quick but hopefully they help you out before you start out wrong.

Have fun and fly safe!

hello, thanks for the reply

I was in the faa site filling the registration, so one less thing to do...

Hello, new pilot here

I just got (3 days ago) my mavic pro, it has the 01.03.1000 firmware, I bought it In Miami FL

The remote keeps telling me to upgrade the firmware, but as in any electronic device, specially Chinese, I've learned that It's always a good policy to hold on the updates.

So, any advice?

I've read here and there that the firmware is downgreadable from the DJI assistant 2 directly without any problem, is it true? can I downgrade without having to root/hack/crack or whatever?

Should I go to a specific firmware?

I keep looking at post that point to a program called DUMLdore in order to downgrade.

I have also seen something about unlocking the drone whit a custom NLD (what is an NLD?)

So if anyone can shed a light or point me to the right treads or post, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance guys!

PPF
If you don’t use the latest firmware your warranty is void!

I have a Mavic Pro, running the latest firmware, it works great. Cant see any reason to run much older firmware which might still have bugs in it.

People take the notion of it ain't broke, don't fix it. That and many feel DJI adds more and more restrictions and making the firmware more hack proof.

I don't think older firmware alone would void the warranty, but they could say an encountered fault was fixed in a later firmware, and that would be justification for denial of coverage.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu