DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just lost my Mavic

This is a good reminder that it is best to start your flight into the wind, if possible, so you have a tailwind on the return. Plan your flight taking into consideration weather (not just on the ground but at altitude), terrain, obstacles, etc.

Reactions: go fast
This is a good reminder that it is best to start your flight into the wind, if possible, so you have a tailwind on the return. Plan your flight taking into consideration weather (not just on the ground but at altitude), terrain, obstacles, etc.
It's also a reminder that I've got to get a Marco Polo tracker mounted to my Mavic, stat.

Reactions: Juggernaught
It's a reminder to concentrate on the flight data and not just the footage, and that altitude (500m up!) = much higher wind velocity and cold. I was so busy taking pics of the newly snow covered mountains, I didn't even realise the effect the wind was having. Losing the RC signal completely is something I'd never previously experienced. I was in line of sight at approx 2.5km, so I can only assume the cold air affected the transmitter? I'd done over 100km of flying with my baby, and I guess I just got blasé and overly confident in the technology. [emoji30]

Reactions: Undertaker
It's a reminder to concentrate on the flight data and not just the footage, and that altitude (500m up!) = much higher wind velocity and cold. I was so busy taking pics of the newly snow covered mountains, I didn't even realise the effect the wind was having. Losing the RC signal completely is something I'd never previously experienced. I was in line of sight at approx 2.5km, so I can only assume the cold air affected the transmitter? I'd done over 100km of flying with my baby, and I guess I just got blasé and overly confident in the technology. [emoji30]
Good point. Any idea what the temperature was?
Really sorry you lost your drone. :(

That's why I always check
UAVForecast.com
UAV Forecast before each flight...

Line of sight at 2500 meters ? Really ?
It seems very far to see the Mavic at this distance.

Sorry for the loss of your Mavic...

Reactions: vashon100
Line of sight at 2500 meters ? Really ?
It seems very far to see the Mavic at this distance.

Sorry for the loss of your Mavic...
Meaning direct line for transmission and receiving. No obstacles in the way. Obviously it doesn't mean I can see it. Only helpful comments please... [emoji17]

Sorry Juggernaught, i'm non native English language and in my language the traduction of "line of sight" means we see the target.

About the course of your Mavic, does have height difference in term of topography ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi