DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just lost my Mavic

Juggernaught

Reactions
Lost RC connection completely. Kept trying to reconnect. Automatically tried to initiate RTH but nothing happened and didn't reconnect. I drove towards the last position, but still couldn't reconnect. Ultimately I assume the winds were too strong to RTH, or battery failure. Located the area of last GPS position, but was very high and 2km away. Assuming it didn't try RTH would it have tried to land there? Any planning search team. [emoji30]

Sorry not sure how to send flight data. Has been synced, but not sure where stored. On Samsung S7

Seems to have been taken by heavy wind, but I'm not sure why signal was completely lost. Any way of activating a wake up from controller when nearby?

Reactions: sabre414
Sorry to ask daft questions but that's where the 'find my drone' put it? You have looked there? Can you discount it being in the trees?

@Juggernaught, please upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here. You'll find instructions for locating your TXT flight log at that link.

That's not the correct TXT log file. You'll find directions here for locating that file.

Many thanks for the help. We searched the end point, and no sign. You can see the last position is still at altitude, with 50% battery, but I think the wind was too strong and it literally couldn't return. If it can't return home would it not try to land? Obviously the battery would be completely flat now, but any way that DJi can pick up a signal of actual location?

I think the wind was too strong and it literally couldn't return
That's correct. You can see it was moving further away from the home point as it tried to return home. The low flight speed is also an indicator that it was flying into a strong headwind.

If it can't return home would it not try to land?
It would have started to land at its current location when the battery reached the critically low level. It most likely would have continued to blow away from the home point as it tried to land.

any way that DJi can pick up a signal of actual location?
No. You will only be able to find the current location if you have a GPS tracker attached to it (and the battery is not dead).

At the end of your flight, your Mavic was blowing with the wind in this direction:

Location1.png

Assuming it continued in the same general direction and at about the same speed, it could have made it to the end of this red line:

Location2.jpg

Since the battery was still at 50%, I'm thinking it was probably able to clear the trees. I'd start searching along the red line at the point where it clears the trees.

It didn't do the RTH when he lost signal ? Ensure it's well parameter

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31