DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just ordered a pair of DJI goggles for my Mavic Pro

Cool :)

With the Spark it will be very "meh" but with the MP it's jsut awesome.

Just ordered them yesterday for my Mavic Pro too. Hopefully I will like them as much as I think I will.

Mike

I agree, I got mine (Goggles RE) yesterday as well and it is amazing. I need to mess with it some more to see the advantages of it. Anyone know how to control (or can) the Gimbal using the Goggles (ie Camera moves as I move my head).

Thank you,
-VacPrime

I agree, I got mine (Goggles RE) yesterday as well and it is amazing. I need to mess with it some more to see the advantages of it. Anyone know how to control (or can) the Gimbal using the Goggles (ie Camera moves as I move my head).

Thank you,
-VacPrime
I still don't have mine but I know for sure that you can control--both vertically and horizontally-- the gimbal with your head movement. This is for both the regular and RE goggles.

Mike

Reactions: VacPrime
I still don't have mine but I know for sure that you can control--both vertically and horizontally-- the gimbal with your head movement. This is for both the regular and RE goggles.

Mike

Cool, thanks Mike, I will mess with it and see what I can find out about it. I'll check back if I find so.

-VacPrime

I also have the RE Goggles about a month now... Press with two fingers downward at the touchpad and select "Headtracking gimbal" if I remember correctly...

Thank you,
-VacPrime
Its a specific mode that you have to enable in the googles called "Head Track", after that the camera mimics your head movement.

Reactions: VacPrime
I've had a Spark for 6 months, and a Mavic Pro for a month. It's time to explore the googles. I can't wait to experience being in the cockpit of both my drones.
Had mine for about a week, a game changer. Especially, in bright sunny environments (think beach or snow covered country.) I'm still getting my head around using them competently, but it really allows you to share the fun with friends.

All the best,

Love mine! Don't use phone anymore. Really wish DJI would put battery percentage and Rssi bars in the '''full screen mode'.

Love mine! Don't use phone anymore. Really wish DJI would put battery percentage and Rssi bars in the '''full screen mode'.
I agree with your suggestion. I'm not looking at controller much now, maybe it's something DJI can add in the next firmware update. Also, I'd suggest that DJI add a three finger swipe for quickly freezing Head Tracking or Gimbal Tracking modes, (to be used before/after flipping up/down the Goggles when we want to have a look at our controller/mobile device.)

One thing discussed is focus for reading glasses. I picked up a cheap pair of cheaters at WalMart, so now my wife can then enjoy Goggles as well.

Lot's to learn, but for sure they're not being returned.

All the best,

Last edited:
I've had a Spark for 6 months, and a Mavic Pro for a month. It's time to explore the googles. I can't wait to experience being in the cockpit of both my drones.
Great, you gotta feedback ASAP , been wondering about them, ken heron you tube made me think I should try Thumbswayup

Just ordered them yesterday for my Mavic Pro too. Hopefully I will like them as much as I think I will.
I really thought I would have my goggles by now, but ran into a snag ordering directly from dji (first time ordering from them). The issue, apparently, was that my credit card billing address and shipping address are different (I use a PO box for most banking mail, since I trust it more than the contracted mail delivery the post office uses in my area). As this is the norm for me for online ordering, from Amazon to Zenni, I never noticed the warning while ordering that this would be an issue with dji (else I would have used PayPal).

To compound the issue, the email from "onlinepayment" ([email protected]), which came in 12 hours later and would have got my attention, was flagged as spam. So, to me, all I knew was my order was stuck at the "Payment Reviewing" stage. Several days later, after two online chat sessions, I realized another email was sent regarding payment verification where I then searched and found it.

I have to admit my first reaction to the order being on hold, along with asking for copies of personal information (banks statement, or copy of driver's license) to be sent to China, was a bit incredulous. I was just going to cancel. But two things came to mind: One, my perspective of dji was favorable--heck I practically think of them as the Apple of drones--and two, I ordered with the $100 off coupon :). So I complied with the request.

Heard back last night (Sunday) at around 8PM, which was Monday morning in Shenzhen, China, where whomever cleared it obviously worked. All was good and my order has now progressed to the Shipping stage.

If you read this far, thanks.

Mike

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes