DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just purchased Litchi

Because the POI, Camera Triggers and Focus Triggers are much easier to define and and the point where the camera starts to change angle is programmable.
Waypoint routes are much more easy to program and you can "fly" a trial run to see if your camera angles are correct. Specially if you use a lot of Interpolation (like I do)

Reactions: Jaysjob
Because the POI, Camera Triggers and Focus Triggers are much easier to define and and the point where the camera starts to change angle is programmable.
Waypoint routes are much more easy to program and you can "fly" a trial run to see if your camera angles are correct. Specially if you use a lot of Interpolation (like I do)

Nice! Can this be done both ahead of time on the desktop and in the field via an app on the phone/tablet?

You can plan your route ahead on your phone/tablet. There is no web-interface but I have made a small JoeTjoep tutorial how to plan a route on Google Earth and import that in Autopilot.

Reactions: WolfgangStiller
I moved to Litchi a little over a year ago. Well worth the money. Especially when there are no more accessories and gadgets to buy lol

I moved to Litchi a little over a year ago. Well worth the money. Especially when there are no more accessories and gadgets to buy lol

Agree totally! It's the best thing I have ever purchased for the Mavic. I love the voice feed back on speed and altitude but the biggie is the being able shoot silky smooth video. No more jerky pans or gimbal motions.

PERSONAL NOTE TO THE MODERATOR OF THIS FORUM: Gotcha and totally agree with your assessment of the situation and with what you did. I want to thank you, too, for your fair-handed approach to correcting this matter. Lesson learned. Job well done. Thank you for your understanding.

Can you do automatic panoramas?

More options then other apps

4f968dab30bebd6fb7b819929738ca53.jpg

Reactions: Jaysjob
When you use these 3rd party apps (litchi, autopilot, fpv camera).. does your flight record in the DJI GO4 app still get updated? Does it update any of the statistics with distance flown and "growth of value" points?

When you use these 3rd party apps (litchi, autopilot, fpv camera).. does your flight record in the DJI GO4 app still get updated? Does it update any of the statistics with distance flown and "growth of value" points?
Yes, it does

I use Autoflight Logic Autopilot and the truth is, you'll need at least a month or two or three to understand everything that it has to offer. Autopilot is VERY robust! From the videos I've seen with Litchi, I think you can download the software and hit the ground running. I'm not sure the same can be said for AutoPilot. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that AutoPilot is inferior, I'm saying the complete opposite. My personal opinion is this, Litchi is like a 250cc Motorcycle, you buy one to learn to ride but once you get familiar with riding that 250 is not enough and you want to trade it in an upgrade to an 1100cc. In my opinion Autopilot is that 1100cc.

This is spot on as far as Litchi being more accessible. I have them both. I purchased auto pilot first because it looked like a more robust tool, and I just thought I'd bite the bullet and invest the time to learn it. Fast forward a few weeks, and after my third failed and frustrating attempt at a waypoint mission, I purchased and downloaded litchi in the field. I flew my first successful short range waypoint mission with it that same day. I do still believe Autopilot was a worthwhile investment and I could see it eventually becoming second nature enough to use it ahead of litchi for my waypoint missions. It's clearly a deep product. But there is one other thing I read about litchi that I *think I think I like about it over Autopilot. Litchi uses DJI's API for flight control, where Autopilot have written their own. I'm not exactly sure why I think I like that yet, so I reserve the right to change my mind about that.

Reactions: DodgeP and fangio86
You can do all that in litchi?

You can do all that in litchi? Plus you can do all pre program flight plans at home on the app or on the PC and all camera angles. Waypoint heights and speed between points as well as customise what drone does at each waypoint.

Reactions: boone
Didn't want to start a new thread but about to buy litchi app and reading the reviews for the new version/update on litchi (iOS App Store) make it sound horrific.

Can any real world users please confirm/deny stability of litchi iOS app Ver 1.5.6?

Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom