DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just purchased Litchi

It is stable. Had some issues while filming in waypoint mode. My gimbal went crazy. For photos, Litchi is good enough and easy to program. For filming, use Autopilot

Reactions: th_mav
It works well. I've flown a few waypoint missions with it without incident. It is only as smart as the pilot using it. As a friend of mind will attest, if you tell it to try to fly through a fence it will happily make the attempt. I review my missions over, and over, and over again before I send the bird up. Biggest pucker factor was a mission that flew up the side of a mountain. I used Google earth to get all my altitudes straight beforehand. It was awesome.
Best advice is learn the software. If doing waypoints is your thing, start out with simple missions in open spaces and grow from there. That's what I did. First mission was just tho the end of my street and back at 200 feet. Hard tho screw that up.

Reactions: Oyibo VFX
Everything has to do with what you're comfortable with. Autopilot is more tricky to program but as soon as you'll have it, it does all.
I did flights with four different Waypoint apps (DJI GS Pro, Litchi, Flight Plan and Autopilot) and the last is clearly the winner.
The route was all the same, camera triggers where the same as well. Pictures where simular but as said before, movie Autopilot rules. The results are on my harddisk

Autopilot is pretty DoPe. It has a steep learning curve.

Reactions: Oyibo VFX
To anyone, I also see an app called Autopilot that shows up with the search results when searching for Litchi on the App Store. It's slightly pricier but has better reviews. Can anyone comment?
I would recommend AutoPilot over Glitchy Litchi; however having said that the Litchi app is easier to use initially but I am finding that once you understand how the Autopilot app works it is much more predictable. And the developer has great videos explaining how each feature works.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vlad_Zherikhov