DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just purchased my mini!!!

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.

Avoid problems. Practice first in a completely open area in beginner mode until the controls are second nature. Also.....
Be sure to read the full 60 page only available online DJI manual for your drone. Get it here... scroll down a bit on the linked page below. Other good stuff here too!

I'm so excited to charge the batteries and start flying this bad boy.. This is my first drone so I know I have a ton to learn. Sorry if this is a repetitive question, but any tips/trick that I should know.

-Toonz
Congrats, beware of the wind especially the higher you go. That is the majority of issues posted. Fly in an open area in C mode until you are comfortable with the controller. Keep your drone fairly low and slow for awhile. And last but not least..... have fun?

I've downloaded an app UAV forecast. Nice weather app specifically for drones.
7383d8ee11d907cb17d405b721b660a3.jpg

Welcome to the world of drones! The only two bits of advice I would give anyone is to read the manual, and more than once. I know it’s dead exciting to get your drone in the air, but you’ll have more fun if you know how everything works properly and you’ll keep your drone longer too.

The other bit - If you press 'Return to home' your drone should start to come back to you. Pressing it again will cancel return to home. Loads of people keep mashing the button not knowing they’re continuously starting and then stopping the process.
Have fun! ?

Last edited:
Welcome to the world of drones! The only two bits of advice I would give anyone is to read the manual, and more than once. I know it’s dead exciting to get your drone in the air, but you’ll have more fun if you know how everything works properly and you’ll keep your drone longer too.

The other bit - If you press 'Return to home' your drone should start to come back to you. Pressing it again will cancel return to home. Loads of people keep mashing the button not knowing they’re continuously starting and then stopping the process.
have fun! ?
Good advice. I’d add to set the RTH height above any obstruction.

Welcome to the forum. All good advice here. Nothing to add that hasn't been said. Have fun, fly safe. Beware of the wind. You are going to love the images that come out of that little guy.

welcome to the forum from Wales UK all good advice from above posts
couple of things to add,for your first flights low and slow are your Buzz Words
find somewhere quiet,away from people and trees and just practice, practice, practice,until flying your drone becomes second nature
don't worry about the camera to start with, master flying first then you can concentrate on your pics and video skills

I'm so excited to charge the batteries and start flying this bad boy.. This is my first drone so I know I have a ton to learn. Sorry if this is a repetitive question, but any tips/trick that I should know.

-Toonz
I’m a few weeks further along than you. My limited advice is utilize Flight Protection. It’s located under Safety in the System Settings. You can set Max Altitude, Max Distance, Auto RTH Altitude settings. I’ve flown about a dozen flights outside and have not put my cap altitude above 35m. My max distance so far is 250m. For me, it’s peace of mind.

Real or imaginary

-Toonz

3 words
Low and Slow

-Toonz
Really be aware of the wind speeds and do not take chances flying in any kind of a high wind. You will have many enjoyable hours of flying if you just use caution.

Please please buy Care Refresh from DJI, if you haven’t done so already. It’s a very short window to get it prior to flight. Enjoy

Almost all crashes have been pilot error which is not covered under the standard warranty.

-Toonz
Don’t fly it in windy conditions...... PERIOD. Unless you are prepared to lose your drone. A simple search on “lost my Mavic Mini” will result in literally dozens of posts and hundreds of comments. Even pilots with hundreds of hours of flight time logged are finding it VERY susceptible to wind related fly always. Especially if you new to quad UAV flying. DJI has created a great little drone for the UAV community, but as has been said on this and all other DJI forums, the Mavic Mini can be very unforgiving if you do not understand the flight characteristics of this little UAV. READ THE MANUAL. Watch the hundreds of video on YouTube regarding flying the MM. In your excitement to fly your new drone, don’t overlook the preparation and knowledge needed to fly your MM, or you will be very sad when it becomes a tiny dot in the sky and no way to recover it!!!!!!! Just my .02 cents.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000