DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just received new Mavic, gimbal clamp fell off in shipping

Mavic626

Reactions
Hi, I just received my new Mavic. I ordered it from B and H photo and it was shipped via ups. I just opened the sealed package and discovered that the gimbal clamp was jostled in shipment causing the gimbal to be flopping around all throughout the shipment. I know this is a no no to store it without the clamp. Should I send it back or contact DJI? I just don't want to have problems down the road. I am charging the batteries right now and have not even started it up yet.

Thanks

Hi, I just received my new Mavic. I ordered it from B and H photo and it was shipped via ups. I just opened the sealed package and discovered that the gimbal clamp was jostled in shipment causing the gimbal to be flopping around all throughout the shipment. I know this is a no no to store it without the clamp. Should I send it back or contact DJI? I just don't want to have problems down the road. I am charging the batteries right now and have not even started it up yet.

Thanks

I would return it back to B&H and get a new replacement one considering how delicate the gimbal assembly on Mavic Pro is. Wouldn't want to have possible issues in coming months.

I contacted them today via chat and they said start it up and just calibrate it to see if there are any issues. They did not seem too concerned about it. But I know its going to be in the back of my mind. I wonder if B&H will take it back and pay for shipping back.

I contacted them today via chat and they said start it up and just calibrate it to see if there are any issues. They did not seem too concerned about it. But I know its going to be in the back of my mind. I wonder if B&H will take it back and pay for shipping back.

At least you notified them and you have a record of the situation... I think gimbals are warrantied for 6 months, so unless it behaves, fly and enjoy.

It's worth video recording the unbox in case this has happened, however it has been quite common for it to come off or be put on incorrectly and it was the same with phantoms.
It's very rare the gimbal has been affected but if you were unlucky the sharp edges as it rattled about might have damaged a cable or something.
I wouldn't return it unless a problem is evident.

I found the same issue when receiving my Mavic at December 5th. From some labels on the Fly More box I know that it has been opened at the customs and maybe they had removed the Mavic for a close look.
I was unsure on what to do, too. But I just tried it out and all was ok. No problems compared to others discussed within the forums.
So just give it a try.

Well spooled it up and was hoping for the best. It seems that once every 3 times i turn it on it just moves to the side and points to the left. I tried calibrating it with the app and it would get stuck at 5 or 10% I had to turn it off and point it in the proper position for it to be lined up again then it worked. The weird part is the app does not throw up any cautions when it is off center. I am going to send it back (I am really bummed I have to wait again). I contacted B&H and I think they are under the impression that I crashed it.

I just don't know how the DJI refresh will work out. It says its non returnable and all sales final. I just want a new drone with the refresh like I ordered.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78