DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just received refurb...cannot purchase DJI Refresh?

56_kruiser

Reactions
Can't call DJI now, so thought I'd ask if anyone here knows.,

I just purchased one of their 'on sale' Mavic Pros. I am setting it up, and selected to purchase DJI Refresh. It responded that it has been activated over 48 hours, and cannot purchase refresh.

Does anyone know if a refurb is not eligible for DJI Refresh?

Reactions: Cert404
I had the same problem when I purchased mine. You can only purchase DJI Refresh on new Mavics unless stated in your purchase agreement.

I purchased mine a couple of weeks ago, tried ti get the DJI Refresh but was informed only available in the USA.

I am in the U.S., so maybe it'll be good. I don't see anything at all about that I can, or cannot, purchase Refresh. I see this:

The after-sale service policy for DJI refurbished products is identical to that of new products.

That would imply to me that I should be able to. I sent an inquiry about it through the eBay communications to ask. I stated that if I couldn't I'd want to return it. But...

If you are not happy with a refurbished product and have not yet activated it, you can return it within seven days of receipt for a full refund or a replacement refurbished product.

Of course, I didn't have the problem buying refresh until after activating.

Talk to support. I bought mine refurbished from NewEgg and had the same problem. I called DJI and they took care of the situation.

Good to hear. At this point, I am expecting that to be the case. I'll give 'em a call tomorrow. I'll post my results.

You got it on eBay? Who was the seller? You can buy refresh on refurb units per a DJI site, but the unit has to be purchased from DJI. DJI Refurbish

Q4. Can I purchase DJI CARE for refurbished products?
Yes, you can purchase DJI CARE for a refurbished product. The coverage amount will be the same as for a new product.

Reactions: GooterFly68
You got it on eBay? Who was the seller? You can buy refresh on refurb units per a DJI site, but the unit has to be purchased from DJI. DJI Refurbish

Q4. Can I purchase DJI CARE for refurbished products?
Yes, you can purchase DJI CARE for a refurbished product. The coverage amount will be the same as for a new product.

I got it on eBay from the DJI Official Store.

Purchased from Newegg as well. No issues with purchasing refresh.
Mavics purchased from Newegg are also sold and shipped by the DJI Store. Aside from the company that is collecting your money, it's no different than purchasing direct from the DJI Store.

Just to update everyone...I contacted DJI by phone. They told me to capture screen shots of the error, and send that along with purchase info via email. Once I did that, they sent me a link that worked. So, I now have Refresh.

I had the same issue, called today and was told the same thing. Sent the email this afternoon. Will hopefully hear back tomorrow.

I'll add that I can not tell this refurbished unit from a new one. It looks great. I believe it was manufactured August 2017 according to the SN.

I had the same issue, called today and was told the same thing. Sent the email this afternoon. Will hopefully hear back tomorrow.

I'll add that I can not tell this refurbished unit from a new one. It looks great. I believe it was manufactured August 2017 according to the SN.

I had my email back in about 5 minutes.

I think mine showed activated in November of '16.

I'm brand new to this. Did my first 'test' Point of Interest flight today. Compared to flying a drone with zero automation, this thing is a breeze.

But I plan to keep flying the non-automated one to get better at piloting.

Well, got a reply this morning telling me they have "already escalated this issue to our Verification team to clear your records".

Once they get a reply I will get another email.

If you are within the US. You should get drone insured by statefarm. Cheaper and better. I didnt buy dji refresh though it only for first year or two.

Update. I heard back from DJI Customer Service this morning, advising my drone SN was reset and giving me the link to purchase DJI Care Refresh. My Mavic is now covered.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtgoodha