DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just recieved FAA certification as commercial UAS pilot got Mavic and I've been loving it

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .

Reactions: Betro57
Reactions: Betro57
I have a friend in Canada that fly's for a living, after flying my Mavic he said he now hates flying his inspires, bought a Mavic and uses it over 80% on jobs now.

Congrats man! I just got mine like 2 weeks ago. I'm still waiting on my FAA certification to come in the mail haha. o_O

Reactions: Rbruz
What is the significance of an FAA cert? Do i need one if i plan to hire out my drone services? Do i need one if i just fly as a hobby? Im a drone newbie from Guam.

Reactions: jseoung
What is the significance of an FAA cert? Do i need one if i plan to hire out my drone services? Do i need one if i just fly as a hobby? Im a drone newbie from Guam.

I would like to know too. Just got mine last week.

It allows you to fly for $$. Although , there are guys out there doing it for cash under the table I am sure. It shows that you take safety seriously and know how to read sectional charts to know what class air space you are in. What are TFRs that you need to be concerned with. What restrictions you are in as well as what to do to request a waiver, etc.

Basically, it means you follow the rules and the FAA recognizes that. And hopefully potential clients will as well. If you want to do it commercially, you need to show and explain to potential clients how it is much better for them to hire you as an FAA certified remote pilot as opposed to Joe Schmo on the street who just flies wherever the heck he pleases.

Reactions: Nash2017
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus