DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just regretting buying the 5.5 Crystalsky monitor yesterday

Red Gecko

Reactions
Yes i wanted the Crystalsky 7.8, but i was told bluntly by the salesman at DJI Seville in Spain that the larger model was not compatible with the Mavic Pro, i insisted i had seen many mavic pilots working with the larger 7.8 screen, but he was adamant after looking at the the official DJI site that only the smaller 5.5 CS would work with it?
so... reluctantly after a 4 hour drive i went home with the smaller one... i phoned the company up today and they say i can drive over again and exchange for the bigger one, but still maintain it will not work on the Mavic Pro.... i am in Europe, Spain, is this a different model with restrictions, i can get no definitive info online through the official DJI websites regarding compatibility with the 7.8 CrystalSky
any help would be welcome as i am due to go on holiday soon and dont have much time for last minute exchanges and long drives arghhh,
regards, Gary

Yes i wanted the Crystalsky 7.8, but i was told bluntly by the salesman at DJI Seville in Spain that the larger model was not compatible with the Mavic Pro, i insisted i had seen many mavic pilots working with the larger 7.8 screen, but he was adamant after looking at the the official DJI site that only the smaller 5.5 CS would work with it?
so... reluctantly after a 4 hour drive i went home with the smaller one... i phoned the company up today and they say i can drive over again and exchange for the bigger one, but still maintain it will not work on the Mavic Pro.... i am in Europe, Spain, is this a different model with restrictions, i can get no definitive info online through the official DJI websites regarding compatibility with the 7.8 CrystalSky
any help would be welcome as i am due to go on holiday soon and dont have much time for last minute exchanges and long drives arghhh,
regards, Gary
The larger model does work with the Mavic, there are many here who use it.

Thank you Bunny too,
could it be different in Europe?, why would a DJI salesman in Seville, Spain tell me only the smaller 5.5 screen is compatible, he said himself he has tried the larger one and it didn´t work... seriously i have only a few days before my holiday / honeymoon in the Canary Islands and i want the best from the Mavic and hopefully with the larger screen... are the American ones different to European models?

They should be the same unit. I do not own one but I am reading many threads in this section from people in Europe that do own and fly a Mavic with the larger ultra bright Crystal Sky.

I use the larger 7.8" High Brightness model with my Mavic Air. The salesman is probably just parroting DJI's marketing material since DJI doesn't make a way themselves to mount the larger CS on the Mavic style controller.

So if you get the larger CS, be prepared to supply your own mount (there are many available from PolarPro, MavMount, Skyreat and others) and probably cable (the CS is a USB-C connector on the bottom - you will probably have to purchase the correct short cable for a tidy setup).

I designed and printed my own mounting plate that uses DJI's own CS mount for the Phantom series controllers. But you can find the best option for you. I can attest that data-wise the larger CS works fine. You just need to come up with your own physical mounting solution.

Here is my solution.

zp-dbtyqqe2j5vdtipktfq-jpg.40216

Steve

Thanks Supergimp,
after reading your reply i managed to find a Polarpro mount and the lead on amazon Germany that can be delivered to Spain by Friday - i´ll return the little one tomorrow in Seville and exchange it for the 7.8, thanks for your your help, most appreciated ... i gotta say your mount looks good :)

Cool. Glad that’s going to work for you. PolarPro was going to be my choice, but the quick release of the DJI Phantom Mount inspired me to make my own. I wanted to fit everything into a single case and keep it as compact as possible so I wanted something a little more portable than the PP or Mavmount. I tried the Skyreat Mount but the plastic pivot nut wouldn’t tighten firm enough for the weight of the CS.

I CNC’d my foam and everything fits nice. Enjoy your big bright display. Once I went to the CS from iPad Mini I could never go back.

Mavic%20AirCrystal%20Sky%20Case.mov.GIF

I'm not in Europe but have no problems using the CS Ultra with MP. Initially I went with DJI bracket but I didn't like it. It was difficult to control drone having the big display attached below controller. I decided to buy this bracket https://www.thorsdroneworld.com/product-page/lifthor-sif-cs-ii because monitor doesn't prevent a view of controller display. It works much better for me, you can see my post for more details and photos (CrystalSky Ultra Bright Monitord). Recently, Thor's Drone World introduced a new solution which utilized DJI bracket for Phantom, Inspire, etc. (CrystalSky - Remote Controller Mounting Bracket) and allow to be used with Mavic Pro. It is call LifThor Sif CS (https://www.thorsdroneworld.com/product-page/lifthor-sif-cs) unfortunately the DJI bracket needs to purchase desperately. I'm still waiting for delivery so I'm not able to say much about new bracket but looks like it will be the best solution for me. BTW, I didn't have to buy entire new bracket, just a $15 adapter for the one I already have :) but still had to pay for DJI Phantom bracket :(

I'm not in Europe but have no problems using the CS Ultra with MP. Initially I went with DJI bracket but I didn't like it. It was difficult to control drone having the big display attached below controller. I decided to buy this bracket https://www.thorsdroneworld.com/product-page/lifthor-sif-cs-ii because monitor doesn't prevent a view of controller display. It works much better for me, you can see my post for more details and photos (CrystalSky Ultra Bright Monitord). Recently, Thor's Drone World introduced a new solution which utilized DJI bracket for Phantom, Inspire, etc. (CrystalSky - Remote Controller Mounting Bracket) and allow to be used with Mavic Pro. It is call LifThor Sif CS (https://www.thorsdroneworld.com/product-page/lifthor-sif-cs) unfortunately the DJI bracket needs to purchase desperately. I'm still waiting for delivery so I'm not able to say much about new bracket but looks like it will be the best solution for me. BTW, I didn't have to buy entire new bracket, just a $15 adapter for the one I already have :) but still had to pay for DJI Phantom bracket :(
I don't think you will be disappointed.

I use my CS Ultra with a PolarPro mount. The only criticism I and others have is that you cannot finger tight the position of the screen. If you want it in one position, you have to use the screwdiver to tighten.
What I have done and this works OK for me is, finger tighten the long screw. It will then allow you to use the screen in a horizontal position but will obscure the rc screen but with it being only finger tight, you can move the scree into a vertical position if you want to see the rc screen. (hope this makes sense)

I use the larger 7.8" High Brightness model with my Mavic Air. The salesman is probably just parroting DJI's marketing material since DJI doesn't make a way themselves to mount the larger CS on the Mavic style controller.

So if you get the larger CS, be prepared to supply your own mount (there are many available from PolarPro, MavMount, Skyreat and others) and probably cable (the CS is a USB-C connector on the bottom - you will probably have to purchase the correct short cable for a tidy setup).

I designed and printed my own mounting plate that uses DJI's own CS mount for the Phantom series controllers. But you can find the best option for you. I can attest that data-wise the larger CS works fine. You just need to come up with your own physical mounting solution.

Here is my solution.

zp-dbtyqqe2j5vdtipktfq-jpg.40216

Steve

NiceThumbswayup

The manufacturer could have different hardware to software licks on products in different demographics

Today I received the DJI bracket for Phantom and adapter for my LifThor bracket. This new setup is a big improvement, very easy to assembly and it feels well balanced. Attaching monitor to the bracket is very easy, just slide it on and lock the leaver.
20180828_212351.jpg 20180828_211824.jpg 20180828_212059.jpg 20180828_212124.jpg 20180828_212138.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute