DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just subscribed & about to buy a Mavic Mini. Please Help!!!

Mikey74

Reactions
Anyone that is willing to help me out, PLEASE HELP, I would be so thankful. So this is the scenario. I’ve been doing a sh-t ton of research and I want to purchase the “Mavic Mini”. I live in Canada and know that I can not legally fly anything weighing more than 249 grams without having some kind of pilots licence from what I’m reading or researching. I also want to know if I can use an Android phone that I have, that is not connected to a Cellular network ? I have an iPhone XR that I use every day, but I have the android phone, a really nice Samsung that’s fairly new that I would like to use as a screen for the controller so that I have no interruptions while I’m in flight!! Would this work??? And is the cell phone just a screen so that yo can visualize what happening in the sky, in your hands??? Please help me and I’m so, so very great full!!
Regards
Mikey74

I have the android phone, a really nice Samsung that’s fairly new that I would like to use as a screen for the controller so that I have no interruptions while I’m in flight!! Would this work??? And is the cell phone just a screen so that yo can visualize what happening in the sky, in your hands??? Please help me and I’m so, so very great full!

Yes, it sounds like a "fairly new" Samsung phone that is not active, would work fine. It might require Wifi (or a hotspot from your XR) for setup. But yes many of us use 'dumb' devices for flying, such as an iPad without cellular.

I personally have not used the DJI Fly app, but I doubt it would be any different.

Welcome to the forum! :)

And is the cell phone just a screen so that yo can visualize what happening in the sky, in your hands?
Primarily. It gives you a lot of invaluable real time data.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DvrkDrone