DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New User...help please!!

jobie213

Reactions
I've just acquired a Mavic Pro and flown it for the first time today using the standard controller
But....
I can't find a usable phone app for Android.
I get a message saying "play store no longer has it" or something like that.
I've tried the DJI website but can't find anything there either.
Some of you must be flying using Android

Help please!!

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Use the link that Yorkshire_Pub listed above.

Hello from the Crossroads of America jobie213.

Hopefully you'll get your problem resolved soon.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world. You will find plenty of support here.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Thanks folks. First problem overcome!!

Now here's a new one.

I bought the drone about a year ago second hand

Trying to pair my phone I get the message
"Mavic is connected to another device" and then just turns me away.

It seems like I need access to the previous owners phone...or at least his log in details.

I bought it from Facebook marketplace and have no chance of finding the seller.

Is there another way?

Thanks for your help...

Reactions: RodPad
Is there another way?
You'll either need to contact the original owner and ask them to remove the drone from their DJI account or contact DJI support for help. The first is the easiest route.

Reactions: RodPad
Thanks folks.
Can't find the original owner....it was around 18 months ago.

So I'll try to contact DJI tomorrow.

This forum is amazing for speedy responses!!

Thanks everyone

I've just acquired a Mavic Pro and flown it for the first time today

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

Since you live in the UK, there are specific laws and rules for you to follow, please check to ensure these are current.

Even if you have flown Drones before, here is some Good Old Fashion Advice…

You paid a lot of money for that Drone, put your phone number on it. If your drone gets lost or stuck in a tree and it finally comes down when you are not around, give the finders an opportunity to contact you so it can be returned.

Now, for the Fun Part, But do not let the excitement of the moment get the best of you. When you are going out to fly, do it slowly and deliberately. Get used to a set procedure and even practice it.

There are so many things I could write but these are the highlights that I feel need mentioning.

Plug in your phone/tablet into your controller; turn on the Controller and DJI Fly App (if it does not start on its own…). On the Drone, open the front legs, then open the back legs, and then remove the Gimbal Cover.

The Gimbal is the most delicate item on the Drone and banging or bumping can damage it. I also fastened a short "Remove Before Flight" ribbon to the cover so it's more noticeable and I do not forget to remove it…

Turn on the drone and watch it come to "life." Watching the Gimbal go through its self-check is almost like watching a puppy or kitten opening its eyes for the first time…

Place the drone down (preferably on a Landing Pad) while it finishes its self-test (collecting satellites, etc…).

Check your battery status (Phone, Drone, and Controller), check the Signal Strength, by now the Controller should have reported it updated the Home Point.

Lift off, 6 feet (2-meters) or so, hover a bit, check the controls (move the drone a bit forward, back, left, right, yaw left and right). By now, your Controller will probably report again, "Home point Updated."

If you go out in a rush and race thru your start up and take off before the drone has finished it prep, it may update its Home Point over that pond or that old tree you are flying over and in your excitement, you'll fly the drone long past it Low Battery point and when it engages Return to Home and lands in the pond or in a tree; it will be all on you…

Now go have fun, learn to fly the drone by sight before you try to fly it out a distance depending on the video feed, FPV.

I would also advise you to use YouTube and watch a lot of the Videos on flying and setting up the Drone. When it is too dark, too cold, or too wet, you can "fly it vicariously" through YouTube. Also watch some of the Blooper Drone Videos and learn how not to fly your "New Baby."

Below is the link to all of the downloads offered by DJI for the Mavic Pro, including the User Manual.

After you read the Manual, read it again, you will be surprised what you missed the first time and you will be better prepared for that first "scary moment…"

Fly On and Fly Safe…

@jobie213 firstly welcome to the forum
i am a little bit confused because in your OP,you say you have just aquired the drone and flown it for the first time today
then in your post #7 you say you bought the drone about a year ago ?

Nothing to be confused about.
I bought it around 18 months ago....but gave it attention and flew it for the first time yesterday, 14th January.
That's when I tried to download the app and forum members were very helpful...thanks.

My new issue is that the drone still seems to be registered to the previous owner and its so long since I bought it (on Facebook marketplace) thar I've list touch with the seller and can't ask him to disconnect from it.

• Wow
Reactions: LoudThunder
My new issue is that the drone still seems to be registered to the previous owner and its so long since I bought it (on Facebook marketplace) thar I've list touch with the seller and can't ask him to disconnect from it.
Did you try switching the contol mode as mentioned in post 9.
I am under the impression that "register"ing a drone to an owner was introduced when FLYaway insurance became available, if I am correct then it is not applicable to the Mavic Pro.
Perhaps you could post a screen capture of the warning message etc..

• Wow
On the drone change the switch setting to controller.
Incidentally the contol app is Go4.
I guess that the "DJI Drone" is something you downloaded from the playstore, if so it's probably best to delete it.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-15 at 11-54-20 Mavic Pro User Manual V2.0-.pdf.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-15 at 11-54-20 Mavic Pro User Manual V2.0-.pdf.png
    106.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Wow
My guess is the drone is currently set up to use the phone itself as the contoller, as per
at 22sec of that video you see the guy expose the switch and move it from RC to WIFI, I suspect your switch is already on wifi and you need ro move it to RC.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N