DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just want to whine a little.............

No flight required? They must have changed it over the years as in the past you had to record flying it up I believe a few hundred feet, and out a few 100ft.
Also had to include the AC and gimbal SN in the recording. The whole thing had to be recorded without any interruption.
When I had to prove to DJI that my Mavic Air 1 was insurable and air worth, I had to do a gimbal calibration and visual calibration pointing my drone at my iMAC screen and align the squares using the DJI Assistant 2. I had to transmit these two tests to them and immediately received the Refresh applications, etc.

Recording the sensor calibration must have been fun. Hold the phone in one hand, the AC in the other.

I'm not sure I like that though. One could take an excellent factory calibration and replace it with a passable but less ideal one.

State Farm turned me down unless I buy an entire policy.
Unless that's a Florida requirement, I would try a different agent. I was able to get a policy to cover my drone in NYS and that was the only policy that I had with State Farm.

Unless that's a Florida requirement, I would try a different agent. I was able to get a policy to cover my drone in NYS and that was the only policy that I had with State Farm.
The agent said they could only insure on a personal articles floater to a homeowner's policy. My PAF (personal articles floater) is part of the overall homeowner's which includes my home and windstorm (read HURRICANES)- very costly $$$$$. They would insure a stand alone drone policy. What is the category or name of your State Farm Policy?

I just checked out this YT video:

Looks like it is a lot simpler than 4 years ago, and doesn't normally require sensor calibration. The above YT video is only 2 months old.

The requirements are:
With a screen capture on the mobile device do:
Be outside so GPS shows as locked with sufficient sat count.
Do a gimbal calibration.
Show About screen for serial numbers
Show gimbal can go up/down its full range to show it works
Show entire status screen that there are no errors
Continue recording for another 3 minutes in camera view that no latent errors appear.

Much easier than years before. They seem to trust the apps and self-diagnostics. If I were them, I'd include at least CSC motor start at idle, but I suppose the app and firmware would expose motor and ESC issues before even motor start.

Perhaps I could have gotten away with buying refresh after my M2Z car backover since the only significant damage was the arms but still electrically sound. No way to fly it that way though. But then the repair cost estimate was only about $100 over refresh replacement cost so no loss there when you add the Refesh premium fee.

Insurance is always a gamble with the odds always substantially in favor of the house.

The agent said they could only insure on a personal articles floater to a homeowner's policy. My PAF (personal articles floater) is part of the overall homeowner's which includes my home and windstorm (read HURRICANES)- very costly $$$$$. They would insure a stand alone drone policy. What is the category or name of your State Farm Policy?
It was a Personal Articles Policy, covered up to $2000.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007