DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Kanab, UT and vicinity

TXParrothead

Reactions
Heading out to do some hiking/photography/flying next week and looking for any tips/advice on this area. Will be staying in Kanab and hitting Zion and Bryce as well as surrounding areas. I know I can't fly in the parks but from what I've researched thus far, don't see too many other restrictions around the parks. Anyone on here more familiar with the area?

First, if you don't have dinner at the Rocking V... don't ever post here again. It is a little price (cheap specials at $18 and expensive specials can go up to $50. The owner seats people, stops by every table and chats a moment. He also clears dishes if he walks by and sees any. All the time, it's as calm as could be. The food will probably be some of the best you have ever had. Nothing store bought here.

Last time I was there I stayed at Flagstone Boutique Inn. Rooms were about $90 then, they might have gone up. I'd say they are worth $100 - $120. The restaurant there has _some_ good food (pizzas are good) but the service is _terrible_! Slow as slow can be. Also, it is all vegan and vegetarian. I'm not vegetarian but the pizzas were still very tasty.

I've never had any issues with flying around Kanab. But Kanab is a BIG place. Something to watch out for Grand Staircase and Glen Canyon National Rec. Both are administered by the National Park Service. You know what that means. Still, it's over a million acres so.... you make up your own mind.

I've been to Kanab about 3 times. I've been in the surrounding area many more. You can easily spend a week just in Kanab. Buckskin Gulch is something you need to do (via Wire Pass) if you like to hike and have a full day. Longest Slot canyon. Lick Wash is also good. Lots of good places. I try to stay away from Zion and it is just a zoo. Should be less of a zoo this time of year. I did go this past year as I've always wanted to hike the Narrows. Wore a dry suit and went this past March/April. It was as good as I thought it would be.

Hello, My brother and I purchased a few acres of land in Kanab, UT but do not live in Utah. We need some non- professional aerial photos / videos of the property. If anyone is interested in taking photos of the property for us for $100 please let me know.
Thanks!
Rebecca

Hello, My brother and I purchased a few acres of land in Kanab, UT but do not live in Utah. We need some non- professional aerial photos / videos of the property. If anyone is interested in taking photos of the property for us for $100 please let me know.
Thanks!
Rebecca
Hi there! I was wondering if you were ever able to obtain the aerial photos/videos you wanted for your property. I am working in Kanab during the month of January (2021) and I would really enjoy capturing some shots for you. I am a photo and video hobbiest and I love sending my Mavic Mini up to capture beautiful landscapes and properties. [Email address removed by ADMIN for security reasons]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there! I was wondering if you were ever able to obtain the aerial photos/videos you wanted for your property. I am working in Kanab during the month of January (2021) and I would really enjoy capturing some shots for you. I am a photo and video hobbiest and I love sending my Mavic Mini up to capture beautiful landscapes and properties. Feel free to email me if you are interested in discussing this further. [Email address removed by ADMIN for security reasons]

First off WELCOME to the forum :)

As a Recreational Operator you are not legally able to fly "For someone else" like this. If you don't carry your Part 107 you and the person soliciting your services can be fined.

First off WELCOME to the forum :)

As a Recreational Operator you are not legally able to fly "For someone else" like this. If you don't carry your Part 107 you and the person soliciting your services can be fined.
Thank you for the reply. I believe you assume I do not have my 107 because I said I am "hobbiest". I was unaware that I needed to include my certifications in my response to this thread. I appreciate your insight and attention to detail. I make sure to comply with all federal and state regulations when flying my drone.

Thank you for the reply. I believe you assume I do not have my 107 because I said I am "hobbiest". I was unaware that I needed to include my certifications in my response to this thread. I appreciate your insight and attention to detail. I make sure to comply with all federal and state regulations when flying my drone.

My apology for the assumption.... I was going off of your statement, "I am a photo and video hobbiest and I love sending my Mavic Mini up to capture beautiful landscapes and properties". When replying to a post all we have to go by is the information provided and nothing more, and your very statement sure does lead someone to think/assume you are not a commercial operator.

You'd be shocked at the number of UAS operators who don't know they can't fly outside of Recreational guidelines and maybe many more who simply don't care to follow Federal Regulations. On this forum we are here to help and try to spread accurate and solid information to all levels of UAS operations.

Again, I do apologize for the apparently inaccurate assumption on my part.

Safe flights!
Allen

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute