DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Kathmandu Durbar Square, Kathmandu, Nepal

MPone

Reactions
Kathmandu Durbar Square is located in front of the old royal palace of the former Kathmandu Kingdom and is one of three Durbar Squares (Kathmandu Durbar Square, Patan Durbar Square, and Bhaktapur Durbar Square) in the Kathmandu Valley in Nepal, all of which are UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Durbar Square (durbar translates to “palace” or “a court held by a prince”) is an important site for Buddhist and Hindu rituals, holy ceremonies, royal events, and kingly coronations.

didnt see any starlings just plenty of pigeons ,there colour changed according to the way the sun light illuminated them i believe

OMG. Your video brings back such memories. An excellent job of merging Aerial and land videography. I recognized many of the temples and places. Not much has changed. In 2001 I spent three weeks in a hostel next to the Temple and created a video of our trek in the Helembu National Park. My first experience with a "squat toilet" was an exercise in positional awareness.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG. Your video brings back such memories. An excellent job of merging Aerial and land videography. I recognized many of the temples and places. Not much has changed. In 2001 I spent three weeks in a hostel next to the Temple and created a video of our trek in the Helembu National Park. My first experience with a "squat toilet" was an exercise in positional awareness. While this is the very first video I made, I offer it up as more on the subject of Nepal. It is composed of stills that were animated in Adobe After Effects. Using a "very expensive" video camera. I used stills as it was very expensive to get a video permit for use in trekking. (Please be kind, this is an old STD 4:3 video:
. Well, I did say it was my first attempt at a video).
The sites should remain the same since it's historical. Thanks for sharing your video. I love the narration and the way you present the interactive maps. Gives me ideas on my future videos.

Nice video

I spent a week there on business many years ago. I was fascinated by the architecture and the friendliness of the people I met. Your video brought back many great memories.

Reactions: MPone
Thanks for sharing! Very nice mix.

I got excited when I saw you posted another video from your Nepal travel. You nailed it with this one (as with the others): golden hour footage looks so good here, the editing is excellent, the music matches the mood well, the variety of shots keeps the story on track, the people and architecture are interesting looking. Watching this brings back fond memories of what it is like to be there. Thanks for posting!

I got excited when I saw you posted another video from your Nepal travel. You nailed it with this one (as with the others): golden hour footage looks so good here, the editing is excellent, the music matches the mood well, the variety of shots keeps the story on track, the people and architecture are interesting looking. Watching this brings back fond memories of what it is like to be there. Thanks for posting!
One more to go for Nepal. Then I think of something else to film. Glad you like my video and thanks for watching.

Great video!

Some very nice flying there - I especially liked the shot starting at 1:20, where you transitioned from the approach to looking down and rotating.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne