DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Kauai: Hanalei Bay & Bali Hai (South End of NaPali Coastline, Kauai, Hawaii)

Are your interactions with viewers generally POSITIVE or generally NEGATIVE?

• Total voters

brettseattle

Reactions
Hi all, had a great vacation to Northshore Kauai (Princeville, Hanalei). The Mavic Pro performed flawlessly. Only surprise was when cell signal was not available - was limited to the "tether range (90 feet?)" so shooting waterfalls became less dramatic. But for the most part - shots like this were readily available.

Also - as we all have probably experienced - I had *many* opportunities to be an ambassador for all drone pilots. 100% positive questions and comments.

Reactions: PT_Mavic
Why would your range be affected by lack of cell service? I'm confused. I fly using an iPad Mini 4 with no GPS or cell service and my range is not limited.

Kauai is my favorite Hawaiian island - so beautiful. I haven't had a chance to go back since I got the mavic - can't wait.... soon I hope!

I was flying Secret Falls and I got the message (something like): "since you don't have GPS signal, you are limited to 90' "or something. I had not experienced that before - is it a setting in the app?

It was enclosed in a tight canyon so no cell or GPS signal in or out.

Ahhh... so the Mavic couldnt pickup any GPS sats, so you were flying in ATTI mode. Thats never happened to me before. I didnt know there were limitations in ATTI mode, but that makes sense. Flying in ATTI mode can be tricky when you're not used to it, and unfortunately there's no way to manually put the mavic in that mode, so there's no way to practice.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC