DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Kayaking with my Mavic mini

It must be difficult trying to juggle between kayaking and controlling the drone!

Nice footage though, next time you should try one of those quick shots while you are kayaking, it kind of tracks you that way. No idea why DJI wouldn't just add in the follow me mode when the mini is definitely capable of doing an active track.

Hello,

In this footage, I was controling my Mavic Mini in the sametime I was kayaking.
Just to bad the Mavic Mini doesn't have the follow me mode.

Hopefully a firmwire update will give us this option.

Should I be looking for snakes or alligators

You ready for the Air 2 , you wont be disappointed.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain
Coal

Yes but I don't have the budget for it yet

You can make payments on the drone with a company called Affirm: Focus Camera has them for $799 and low credit check.
Something to consider , Affirm is pretty nice an I use them as they just have a fantastic platform .

Attachments

• Screenshot 06-05-2020 15.15.09.jpg
    Screenshot 06-05-2020 15.15.09.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
You can make payments on the drone with a company called Affirm: Focus Camera has them for $799 and low credit check.
Something to consider , Affirm is pretty nice an I use them as they just have a fantastic platform .
I need the fly more combo (988$) and since I'm living in Canada, with the conversion rate it's about 1360 CAD$ To expensive for this year. Maybe for 2021.

Did you launch and land while in your kayak? I tried it with my Spark late last summer and although launching was easy (Spark has a very handy double tap launch) landing back in the kayak was not. My first attempt went well but on my second attempt the Spark did not want to land on my hand due to the bottom sensors. Spark has Active Track modes and they work well but the battery life is too short to really use from a kayak.

Here's my video.

Chris

Did you launch and land while in your kayak? I tried it with my Spark late last summer and although launching was easy (Spark has a very handy double tap launch) landing back in the kayak was not. My first attempt went well but on my second attempt the Spark did not want to land on my hand due to the bottom sensors. Spark has Active Track modes and they work well but the battery life is too short to really use from a kayak.

Here's my video.

Chris
Yes I launch and land in my Kayak. The mini have a better battery life but without active track, it's not the best drone to use in kayak.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots